To append whitespace in the pattern of Text field

Hi,

I am trying to append and print (PDF) two spaces at the end of the value of the text field to align the decimal digits properly. But I am unable to find a suitable pattern to match whitespace. I understood that space gets truncated getting printed in PDF and hence tried to use unicode character - '\\u00A0' for space. 

I get the below :

Balance

------------------

350.00 CR

50.00 CR

10 CR

But  I need  :

Balance

------------------

350.00 CR

50.00 CR

I tried below for a space in the  patten, but no luck.

###.## '\\u00a0';###.## CR

Can anyone please guide me?

Thanks

Karthick

lingibelli's picture

2 Answers:

If you're trying to line those columns up in PDF, then consider breaking it into 2 fields. Align the numbers to the right so they match up perfectly. Then in the next field display "CR" or [nothing] based on whether the value is positive or negative. The second field will be left aligned.

Regards,
Matt

mdahlman's picture

@mdahlman :     Thank you. That is a good idea. But as I have sequence of fields with the same setup and introducing another field changes my alignment of the template in whole, I have implemented the below option.

As I didnt succeed with any appropriate pattern, I appended two spaces at the end of the value with the help of ternary operator in the text expression.

TEXT FIELD EXPRESSION :  

($F{field_name}.endsWith("CR") ? $F{field_name} : $F{field_name} + "\\u00A0\\u00A0\\u00A0")

Happy coding

Karthick Chandran

lingibelli's picture
Feedback