We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

iReport crash on x64

lucidlynx

I have Windows XP x64 and JDK 1.6.0.24 x64. I downloaded the latest version of iReport, installed it, and ran from the main menu, but it does not start. It turns out that bin\ireport.exe 32-bit, and he could not load jvm.dll, which is 64-bit. I downloaded the source code to compile and make for x64, but they were only compiled ireport.exe without source.

Where can I get the source code for ireport.exe?

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi,

I run on 7 x64 so I know this problem.

I have resolving it to install x32 java sdk :) and Ireport in x32.

I know is not a solution if you must work in x64 level developement but that resolve all problems :)

TheGG

• 1 year later...

I also have a 64-bit Windows 7 machine. I used to have problems with iReport but then I changed from JDK 1.6 to JDK 1.7 64-bit edition and my problems went away. You'll have to modify the ireport.conf file to specify the JDK you want iReport to use.

You'll find the ireportpro.conf file under [ireport_install_directory]\etc\ireportpro.conf. If you installed iReport with the installer, there's an ireport folder in the folder where you installed JasperReports Server.

There are two lines in that file that I would change:

Uncomment out the jdk home setting, and point it explicity to where you've installed th 64-bit JDK 1.7. Change it from:

#jdkhome="/path/to/jdk"

To something like what you see below:

jdkhome="C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0"

I would also change the "default_options" line from:

default_options="-J-Xms24m -J-Xmx512m -J-Dorg.netbeans.ProxyClassLoader.level=1000 -J-XX:MaxPermSize=256m"

to something that gives the JVM running iReport more memory and a lower MaxPermSize value. An 

default_options="-J-Xms1024m -J-Xmx1024m -J-Dorg.netbeans.ProxyClassLoader.level=1000 -J-XX:MaxPermSize=128m"

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so the implementaion provided by gdmoreno is spot on. I would only add that once going through the install Windows 7 x64 will specify the default path to the x86 program files. I.E. "Program Files (x86)"

Change this to "Program Files" then make the changes in the config file.

Cheers!

Brian