We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Question about average value charting over time series

dtrobert

Hi,

I'm trying to plot the average CPU usage of my computer over time.  The timeseries takes inputs of time range and sampling rate.  The data itself is collected every ~30 seconds.  

So when a user wants to see the CPU time for the last day plotted at hourly intervals, they chart selected has the 'hour' timeseries option but i need to plot the proper varable of cpu time. 

When I did here was create on, $V{averagecpu|} which has calculation Average and reset group 'timeGroup'.  The timeGroup is defined as either the minute, hour, or day of the timestamp using $F{timestamp}.getMinutes()  (this part I think is wrong). 

For a chart say of minute sampling over a day, my understanding with the way this would work is to group all the raw data values where the minute portion of the timestamp is the same.  Now it' entirely possible hour after hour that there are duplicate values of the minute portion (e.g. 11:04am and 12:04pm) as well as the standard 11:04.12 11:04.54.  

I do want the average calculated over the case of 11:04.12 and 11:04.54 but am concerned that previous hour data might be introduced.  

The same problem can occur across days where Monday at 11am is grouped in with Tues at 11am.  

thoughts?

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days