Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

Anonymous access on a report folder

nasa

Hello,

I am a newbie to JasperServer and am using the JasperServer Community version 3.7.0.

I am trying to setup Anonymous access on a report folder (no login required).

I tried using the following threads:

http://jasperforge.org/plugins/espforum/view.php?group_id=112&forumid=102&topicid=71124

http://jasperforge.org/plugins/espforum/view.php?group_id=112&forumid=102&topicid=48284

http://jasperforge.org/plugins/espforum/view.php?group_id=112&forumid=102&topicid=50689

Right now all I get is a blank screen, I can not login or even view a report.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nasa,

You'll need to provide more details in order for anyone to help. The second thread you mention is one I responded to. It solved the problem for that user. The third thread is really a repeat of the second one. And it worked as well.

It's tough to guess what you have already done when you write, "all I get is a blank screen". Maybe you need to open a browser. Or plug in your monitor. OK, I'm kidding. ;-)  I'm sure you've done some reasonable first steps... but you have not described them.

Regards,
Matt

Hi Matt,

Funny post I must admit.

I tried each thread seperately and no solution seemed to work with version 3.7.

I will document my steps below?

First Attempt:

Edited the file applicationContext-security.xml

<bean id="anonymousProcessingFilter" class="org.acegisecurity.providers.anonymous.AnonymousProcessingFilter">
    <property name="key"><value>foobar</value></property>
    <property name="userAttribute"><value>anonymousUser,ROLE_ADMINISTRATOR</value></property>
</bean>

Restarted JasperServer, tried to run report, brought me to login screen

Second Attempt:

Edited the file applicationContext-security.xml and followed the steps outlined in http://jasperforge.org/plugins/espforum/view.php?group_id=112&forumid=102&topicid=50689

Restarted JasperServer, tried to run report, got a blank screen

Third Attempt

Did everything as outlined in Second Attempt and edited the file WEB-INF/applicationContext-events-lgging.xml

<bean id="accessContext"          class="com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.logging.access.context.impl.AccessContextImpl">        <property name="clientClassFactory" ref="mappingResourceFactory"/>        <property name="loggingContextProvider" ref="${bean.loggingContextProvider}"/>        <property name="userAuthorityService" ref="${bean.userAuthorityService}"/>    </bean>

Restarted JasperServer, tried to run report, got a blank screen

That is what I have done.

I also, tried the following:

I installed version 3.5, followed steps outlined in http://jasperforge.org/plugins/espforum/view.php?group_id=112&forumid=102&topicid=50689; everything works.

Why doesn't the same solution work for 3.7?

Thanks

Post Edited by nasa at 03/04/2010 17:39

Post Edited by nasa at 03/04/2010 20:39

Hello,

I finally got Anonymous access working for a simple report, but when I select a report with parameters; I get the attached error.

Has anybody come across this?

2010-03-06 01:08:35,586  WARN DefaultRemoter,http-80-Processor21:67 - Method execution failed:
java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.war.cascade.CascadeDirector.initialize(CascadeDirector.java:40)
    at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.war.cascade.CascadeDirector$$FastClassByCGLIB$$cb78188c.invoke(<generated>)
    at net.sf.cglib.proxy.MethodProxy.invoke(MethodProxy.java:191)
    at org.springframework.aop.framework.Cglib2AopProxy$CglibMethodInvocation.invokeJoinpoint(Cglib2AopProxy.java:700)
    at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:149)
    at org.springframework.aop.support.DelegatingIntroductionInterceptor.doProceed(DelegatingIntroductionInterceptor.java:131)
    at org.springframework.aop.support.DelegatingIntroductionInterceptor.invoke(DelegatingIntroductionInterceptor.java:119)
    at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:171)
    at org.springframework.aop.framework.Cglib2AopProxy$DynamicAdvisedInterceptor.intercept(Cglib2AopProxy.java:635)
    at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.war.cascade.CascadeDirector$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$c50d9985.initialize(<generated>)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
    at org.directwebremoting.impl.ExecuteAjaxFilter.doFilter(ExecuteAjaxFilter.java:34)
    at org.directwebremoting.impl.DefaultRemoter$1.doFilter(DefaultRemoter.java:428)
    at org.directwebremoting.impl.DefaultRemoter.execute(DefaultRemoter.java:431)
    at org.directwebremoting.impl.DefaultRemoter.execute(DefaultRemoter.java:283)
    at org.directwebremoting.servlet.PlainCallHandler.handle(PlainCallHandler.java:52)
    at org.directwebremoting.servlet.UrlProcessor.handle(UrlProcessor.java:101)
    at org.directwebremoting.spring.DwrSpringServlet.doPost(DwrSpringServlet.java:158)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:709)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
    at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.war.common.UploadMultipartFilter.doFilter(UploadMultipartFilter.java:83)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:202)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
    at org.springframework.security.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:378)
    at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.war.security.JSSwitchUserProcessingFilter.doFilterHttp(JSSwitchUserProcessingFilter.java:146)
    at org.springframework.security.ui.SpringSecurityFilter.doFilter(SpringSecurityFilter.java:53)
    at org.springframework.security.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:390)
    at org.springframework.security.intercept.web.FilterSecurityInterceptor.invoke(FilterSecurityInterceptor.java:109)
    at org.springframework.security.intercept.web.FilterSecurityInterceptor.doFilter(FilterSecurityInterceptor.java:83)
    at org.springframework.security.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:390)
    at org.springframework.security.ui.ExceptionTranslationFilter.doFilterHttp(ExceptionTranslationFilter.java:101)
    at org.springframework.security.ui.SpringSecurityFilter.doFilter(SpringSecurityFilter.java:53)
    at org.springframework.security.providers.anonymous.AnonymousProcessingFilter.doFilterHttp(AnonymousProcessingFilter.java:105)
    at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.metadata.user.service.impl.MetadataAuthenticationProcessingFilter.doFilter(MetadataAuthenticationProcessingFilter.java:139)
    at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.war.util.RequestParameterAuthenticationFilter.doFilter(RequestParameterAuthenticationFilter.java:97)
    at org.springframework.security.ui.basicauth.BasicProcessingFilter.doFilterHttp(BasicProcessingFilter.java:174)
    at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.war.UserPreferencesFilter.doFilter(UserPreferencesFilter.java:175)
    at org.springframework.security.ui.AbstractProcessingFilter.doFilterHttp(AbstractProcessingFilter.java:277)
    at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.war.UserPreferencesFilter.doFilter(UserPreferencesFilter.java:175)
    at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.logging.filter.BasicLoggingFilter.doFilter(BasicLoggingFilter.java:53)
    at org.springframework.security.context.HttpSessionContextIntegrationFilter.doFilterHttp(HttpSessionContextIntegrationFilter.java:235)
    at org.springframework.security.util.FilterChainProxy.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:175)
    at org.springframework.security.util.FilterToBeanProxy.doFilter(FilterToBeanProxy.java:99)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:202)
    at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.war.util.CharacterEncodingFilter.doFilter(CharacterEncodingFilter.java:67)
    at org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy.invokeDelegate(DelegatingFilterProxy.java:236)
    at org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy.doFilter(DelegatingFilterProxy.java:167)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:178)
    at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:524)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:126)
    at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:105)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:107)
    at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:148)
    at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:869)
    at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:664)
    at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:527)
    at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:80)
    at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:684)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
2010-03-06 01:08:35,616  WARN BaseCallMarshaller,http-80-Processor18:59 - --Erroring: batchId[0] message[java.lang.NullPointerException]
2010-03-06 01:08:35,626  WARN BaseCallMarshaller,http-80-Processor21:59 - --Erroring: batchId[0] message[java.lang.NullPointerException]

Thanks

Post Edited by nasa at 03/06/2010 05:55

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

After implenting the changes, i get the same blank page.

When I look at the log file, it shows the following error message:

010-08-10 14:23:46,982 ERROR JSErrorPage_jsp,http-8080-2:359 -
org.springframework.beans.NotReadablePropertyException: Invalid property 'principal.fullName' of bean class [org.springframework.security.providers.anonymous.AnonymousAuthenticationToken]: Bean property 'principal.fullName' is not readable or has an invalid getter method: Does the return type of the getter match the parameter type of the setter?
    at org.springframework.beans.BeanWrapperImpl.getPropertyValue(BeanWrapperImpl.java:540)
    at org.springframework.beans.BeanWrapperImpl.getPropertyValue(BeanWrapperImpl.java:532)

If  you do a search for principal.fullName, it comes up with two files.  decorator.jsp and header.jsp.

I'm guessing its trying to fetch the fullName when there is nothing to fetch because we are anonymously logging in.  So it will crash and you will get a blank page.

So if we look at header.jps, we see where its trying to get(? i guess) the fullName.

<authz:authorize ifNotGranted="ROLE_ANONYMOUS">
                    <p id="userIdentification">
                        <c:if test="<%= com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.metadata.user.service.impl.UserAuthorityServiceImpl.isUserSwitched() %>">
                            <span id="casted">
                            <%= ((com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.metadata.user.domain.User)com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.metadata.user.service.impl.UserAuthorityServiceImpl.getSourceAuthentication().getPrincipal()).getFullName() %>
                            <spring:message code="jsp.main.as"/>
                            </span>
                        </c:if>
                        <authz:authentication property="principal.fullName"/>
                    </p>
                    </authz:authorize>

Correct me if i'm wrong, but It shouldn't go into that block unless we had other ROLES besides ROLE_ANONYMOUS when going directly to the report.

If we were to comment out the line <authz:authentication property="principal.FullName"> in both jsp files, then the blank page should have something.  But of course, then you won't see the user's name when they do actually login.

But I am unsure what modifications to make so that we can login and still display the user's fullName.  Any suggestions?

• 7 months later...

The fix is listed in another post, a simple change to the applicationContext-events-logging.xml file (if you have already made changes to the applicationContext-security.xml file as suggested earlier in this post).

http://jasperforge.org/plugins/espforum/view.php?group_id=112&forumid=102&topicid=71124

As an aside, I was able to allow anonymousUser access to run reports through a direct URL by simply adding the userAuthorityService property to the applicationContext-events-logging.xml accessContext bean, giving read privileges on the root folder and only adding ROLE_ANONYMOUS (line 735) to the flowVoter bean in applicationContext-security.xml.  No changes were needed to the anonymousProcessingFilter bean (lines 88-91) or the filterInvocationInterceptor bean (lines 337-364) in applicationContext-security.xml to get this to work with jasperserver 3.7.1.

• 5 months later...

The problem maybe is that in v4.1 there isn't a /fileview/ property in flowVoter.

Could sb copy his working flowVoter bean?

My is:

<bean id="flowVoter" class="com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.war.security.FlowRoleAccessVoter">
        <property name="flowAccessAttribute" value="FLOW_ACCESS"/>
        <property name="flowDefinitionSource">
            <value>
                repoAdminFlow=ROLE_ADMINISTRATOR
                userListFlow=ROLE_ADMINISTRATOR
                roleListFlow=ROLE_ADMINISTRATOR
                <!--reportUnitFlow=ROLE_ADMINISTRATOR-->
                olapUnitFlow=ROLE_ADMINISTRATOR
                olapClientConnectionFlow=ROLE_ADMINISTRATOR
                mondrianXmlaSourceFlow=ROLE_ADMINISTRATOR
                editFolderFlow=ROLE_ADMINISTRATOR
                fileResourceFlow=ROLE_ADMINISTRATOR
                dataTypeFlow=ROLE_ADMINISTRATOR
                listOfValuesFlow=ROLE_ADMINISTRATOR
                queryFlow=ROLE_ADMINISTRATOR
                reportDataSourceFlow=ROLE_ADMINISTRATOR
                inputControlsFlow=ROLE_ADMINISTRATOR
                <!--objectPermissionToRoleFlow=ROLE_ADMINISTRATOR-->
                userEditFlow=ROLE_ADMINISTRATOR
                roleEditFlow=ROLE_ADMINISTRATOR
                queryReferenceFlow=ROLE_ADMINISTRATOR
                <!--objectPermissionToUserFlow=ROLE_ADMINISTRATOR-->
                searchFlow=ROLE_USER,ROLE_ADMINISTRATOR
                *=ROLE_USER,ROLE_ADMINISTRATOR,ROLE_ANONYMOUS
            </value>

What exacly  *=  means?

I also have logging with ActiveDirectory, but AD accounts and local accounts working fine. Also I have a problem with execute permisson.. It's seems not working for all users. (it's another problem, but solutions appreciated).

• 9 months later...

Hello guys,

I am working on Jasper 4.5.1. I tried some solutions posted in this thread but It didn't help. It keeps throwing the following exception:

org.springframework.beans.NotReadablePropertyException: Invalid property 'principal.fullName' of bean class [org.springframework.security.providers.anonymous.AnonymousAuthenticationToken]: Bean property 'principal.fullName' is not readable or has an invalid getter method: Does the return type of the getter match the parameter type of the setter?
    at org.springframework.beans.BeanWrapperImpl.getPropertyValue(BeanWrapperImpl.java:540)
    at org.springframework.beans.BeanWrapperImpl.getPropertyValue(BeanWrapperImpl.java:532)

Anyone can run Jasper 4.5.1 in anonymous access?

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I have installed Jasper Server 5.6.0 and  made all like in the instruction http://community.jaspersoft.com/wiki/allow-anonymous-access-reports.

Right now all I get is a blank screen with JasperSoft header. I can't press any button.

Firefox Firebug error:

ReferenceError: viewer is not defined
http://localhost:8080/jasperserver/optimized-scripts/report.viewer.page.js
Line 19