Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

Issue with box and paiting text expressions inside

arunc

I want to paint in my jasper some set of fields in a box. I am using the following piece of code to achieve the logic. There are 2 problems i am facing with this issue.

1) sometimes the box gets printed in the second page and the first 2 entries that i want to print in the box get printed in the first page.

2) When the text is large is it possible for me to expand the box that i have used? Do i have control on printing it later by using Evaluation time by any chance? I mean can i dynamically change the coordinates of the box? It would be great if i can get a response as soon as possible.

Eagerly waiting for the response.

PS: I have attached the screen shots for both the issues

Code:

Post Edited by arunc at 03/03/2010 06:23

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Arunc,

Just try the below,

For the point 1,

You can show the text box only in the First page thru $V{PAGE_NUMBER} option.. Declare one variable as $V{currentpage} and set the expression as $V{PAGE_NUMBER}  and print the text box $V{PAGE_NUMBER} == $V{currentpage}

For the point 2,

You can increase the box according to the size of the text by using of "Stretch with overflow" prpoperty
 as TRUE. But you cannot change the coordinate of the box dynamically.

Regards,

Ganapathi.

Hi Ganapathy,

Thanks for your reply.

The issue with the box and first page is i have a table before this box which can extend any number of pages. So the problem was when the table before this box just ended such that jasper decides to paint the Text Field for Payment Terms in that n-1 page and nth page has the box. So i do not see how this situaiton can be resolved in this case.

Do you suggest i should use one more variable for the page number and instead of 1 i use n there? but the box might not have sufficient space and like i have mentioned in the second issue the last text field in the box can be huge and the box should then stretch. I will try the stretcth with overflow attribute now