We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Not able to print Hindi language report

praokahde

Hi,

I am trying to print a PDF report in Hindi language(This language uses Devanagari alphabets). I have used "jasperreports-3.6.0\demo\samples\unicode" as a test program to be able to know how multi language report works. The "UnicodeReport.jrxml" is modified to have one more parameter which have unicode of Hindi language alphabets. The fonts '.ttf' files are kept in classpath with the fonts.xml. Along with the font files in unicode Sample of JasperReport one more font file for Hindi fonts is added in the classpath and relative entry is added as bean in fonts.xml file. The application is run from eclipse, the PDF file generated shows Chinese, Arabic language in the report but the Hindi language is not printed on the report.

When I run the same "UnicodeReport.jrxml" from "iReport-3.0.0" the report shows me the Hindi language alphabets properly. I am not able to figure out how its working in iReports and not in my Application
May be my understanding of how jasper report works for different language is not proper
Please advice me in solving this problem.

Thanking in Advance,
Prabhakar

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days