We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

hyperlink report exection (Chart)

itosys

Dear JasperSoft Community,

I have been using iReport to generate reports for quite some time now and have always been using the 2.0.5 version.

However, I am currently trying to upgrade and improve the design into Pie/Bar Charts with drill down capability.

I have researched the newer versions of iReport and it seems to be able to do exactly what I'm intending to do.

I have tried to use hyperlinks to execute another report, but failed. However, if i reference it to a webpage like www.google.com, it can able to redirect there. I've notice the lack of tutorial out there to help me on this.

My current situation is:

2 stand alone reports. Master report link to another report and passing parameters to the 2nd report.

i keep getting the error of js.exception.view.report.could.not.load.

I'm sure that I've done some errors in my hyperlink settings. I would greatly appreciate if someone could help or post an example of how to configure the hyperlink.

This is what i did, (I'm trying out the latest iReport 3.6.0)

Master Report

right click on chart > hyperlink > hyperlink target: self > hyperlink type: ReportExecution > Reference: (Need help here on what exactly to put) > Link Parameters (Need help here as well)

2nd Report

Just a normal report with a WHERE id=$P{idNo} <--- passed from Master Report.

Please advice on how to set the input control if possible.

Any form of help would be very much appreciated, screen shots, tutorial or jst explaination will do.. Thanks in advance for your kind advice.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic