Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

Exporting to image

njrfrens

How can I export the chart output of .jasper result as an image?

We have exporters like JRHtmlExporter,pdf,xls,xml etc. but couldn't find any exporter for image. Why is it so?

if not image, atleast can I get the byte array of the result of .jasper? so that I'll convert the byte stream to image...

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Assuming you already have the jasperprint object

Code:
			        	response.setContentType("image/jpeg");			        				        	BufferedImage pageImage = new BufferedImage(jasperPrint.getPageWidth() + 1, jasperPrint.getPageHeight() + 1, BufferedImage.TYPE_INT_RGB);			        				        	exporter = new JRGraphics2DExporter();			        	exporter.setParameter(JRExporterParameter.JASPER_PRINT, jasperPrint);			        			                Map imagesMap = new HashMap();		        				                request.getSession().setAttribute("IMAGES_MAP", imagesMap);			        			                exporter.setParameter(JRHtmlExporterParameter.IS_OUTPUT_IMAGES_TO_DIR, Boolean.FALSE);		                exporter.setParameter(JRHtmlExporterParameter.IMAGES_MAP, imagesMap);		                exporter.setParameter(JRHtmlExporterParameter.IMAGES_URI, context+"/images?image=");			        				        	exporter.setParameter(JRGraphics2DExporterParameter.GRAPHICS_2D, pageImage.getGraphics());			        	exporter.setParameter(JRExporterParameter.PAGE_INDEX, new Integer(0));			        				            exporter.exportReport();			            output = bufferedImageToByteArray(pageImage);	      public static byte[] bufferedImageToByteArray(BufferedImage img) throws IOException{	   	      ByteArrayOutputStream os = new ByteArrayOutputStream();	   	      JPEGImageEncoder encoder = JPEGCodec.createJPEGEncoder(os);	   	      encoder.encode(img);	   	      return os.toByteArray();	   	      }