We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

iReport 3.1.3: No Report Inspector Window

tflach

Hi I’m new with iReport,

the problem is that I have the message: "Outline not available" in the Report Inspector window.

We use the jasperServer 3.1 and I have a connection to Oracle DB.

I have no window with the database fields, so I drag the Text Field from the Palette in the report.

Get an error under Report Problems double click on the error an now open the Expression Editor.

Now I can choose the DB column in the category Fields.

That´s not the perfect way.

How can I get the window with the document attributes, i.e. DB FIELDS?

Thanks for help

Thorsten

Post Edited by Thorsten Flach at 02/12/09 15:45

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got the same problem : the report inspector window have disapeared and so I had to re-display it through the "Window" iReport menu. But to have something in the report inspector you must have a jrxml loaded in the editor window and, often , the report inspector window wants to "dock" itself in the same window than the editor : so , if you click on the jrxml file, your inspector window is empty.

At the beginning, I used an "undocked" Report Inspector window (see the window menu of iReport at the middle bottom) bur this was not very convenient to switch from one window to the other. I succeeded to dock the inspector window in the left pane, just above the repository tree, and like this it's OK for me.

Hi Gaby38,

thank´s a lot. The trick is to undock the Report Inspector.

Now I have the options.

Thorsten

Gaby38
Wrote:

I got the same problem : the report inspector window have disapeared and so I had to re-display it through the "Window" iReport menu. But to have something in the report inspector you must have a jrxml loaded in the editor window and, often , the report inspector window wants to "dock" itself in the same window than the editor : so , if you click on the jrxml file, your inspector window is empty.

At the beginning, I used an "undocked" Report Inspector window (see the window menu of iReport at the middle bottom) bur this was not very convenient to switch from one window to the other. I succeeded to dock the inspector window in the left pane, just above the repository tree, and like this it's OK for me.

• 3 years later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi all,

I have the same problem(Outline not available) . I solved like this.. Open report.jrxml from Files window. Then open Report Inspector window. If you unable to find Report Inspector window , press "CTRL+ i " and type "Report Inspector". Then Report Inspector window will contain the fields,parameters etc..  Make sure that you are in Design mode(Not Preview)

If it not works, Then install/Activate "Groovy Plugin"

Go to Help -> Start page -> Activate features/Install Plugins

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...