We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Mail Configuration / SMTP AUTH not working

silenco

Hi!

I have a problem with the smtp authentication for JasperServer Version 3.0.0. and 3.1.0.

I've tried the mail configuration for both versions (3.0.0. and 3.1.0)... each of them with two different mailserver/accounts.

The error is always the same - "authentication required". (see below)

Our Server Administrator ensured me that there had been no attempt for any authentication.

Entering a password in the config file  (V3.1.0 js.quartz.properties // V3.0.0 js.mail.properties) or leaving it blank won't make a difference. All other settings in the config file are applied correctly after a restart.

Does anyone have any idea?

Can anybody approve, that the smtp authentication in Version V 3.x is working at all?

Thanks very much!

Cheers,

simon

Code:

Post Edited by Simon Landes at 01/22/09 14:55

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Simon,

I got the same problem a couple of week. I couldnot access a smtp server with authentication. With Mozilla thunderbird , it worked but with jasperserver (3.1) I got the same error as you. As I was hurried, I put in place a vpn with a relay server which was in a domain agreed by the smtp server of my provider.

So I confirm that I could not connect with authentication to a smtp server with jasperserver 3.1

Post Edited by Gabriel Entressangle at 01/22/09 19:14

Post Edited by Gabriel Entressangle at 01/22/09 19:14

Hi Gabriel,

thanks a lot for your quick reply!

It's good having the certainty that I'm not crazy ... spent a whole day on that!

I'm going to open a bug report for that issue.

Jasper-Team, is there parhaps any known solution for that already?

Thanks.

Simon

Could you edit $TOMCAT/webapps/jasperserver/WEB-INF/applicationContext-report-scheduling.xml, find a bean named reportSchedulerMailSender and add the following property:

<property name="javaMailProperties">	<props>		<prop key="mail.smtp.auth">true</prop>	</props></property>

Try again to send an email after restarting JasperServer.

Regards,

Lucian

Post Edited by Lucian Chiriţă at 01/23/09 12:51