We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Export to Word with textbox issues

dheinst

After saving a report as Word document, I'm stuck with all non-expading floating textboxes. This prevents end users from editing the final report after generating it. Reading through the forum, there seem to be more people with this, without any clues for some kind of solution.

I'm trying to create a Word macro to convert my document to something editable. I don't have a good solution at this point (not sure if it will ever be possible to do it this way), but maybe others might have some use for the macro thus far. Any improvements are ofcourse welcome :-)

Code:
Sub FixDoc()    'Convert textbox text to frames    Dim oShp As Shape    Dim i As Integer        For Each oShp In ActiveDocument.Shapes        If Left$(oShp.AlternativeText, 8) = "Text Box" Then            oShp.ConvertToFrame        Else            If Left$(oShp.Name, 4) = "Line" Then            Else                If oShp.AutoShapeType = msoShapeMixed Then                    oShp.ConvertToInlineShape                Else                    oShp.Delete                End If            End If        End If    Next oShp        'Delete frames    For i = ActiveDocument.Frames.Count To 1 Step -1        With ActiveDocument.Frames(i)            .Borders.Enable = False            With .Shading                .Texture = wdTextureNone                .ForegroundPatternColor = wdColorAutomatic                .BackgroundPatternColor = wdColorAutomatic            End With            .Delete        End With    Next	'Set document margins    With ActiveDocument.PageSetup        .TopMargin = CentimetersToPoints(1.14)        .BottomMargin = CentimetersToPoints(2.34)        .LeftMargin = CentimetersToPoints(1.3)        .RightMargin = CentimetersToPoints(1.3)    End WithEnd Sub

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days