We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Font 'repo:...' with 'CP1252' is not recognized.

plagoda

Just another one on the PDF font embedding.

I have Jasperserver running on Ubuntu linux. For design task I use iReport 3.0.0 on my Windows machine. Font embedding works fine if I run the report from within "Run report unit" of JS plugin or directly from iReport. When I try to run the same very report from WEB interface of Jasperserver I get the following:

com.lowagie.text.DocumentException: Font 'repo:/reports/Prezesi/raportpartner_files/EriePL' with 'Cp1252' is not recognized.

Font EriePL is added to the raport as a resource using WEB interface (adding via iReport yields the same error).  I have tried different encodinds as well.

Any idea? I'm getting more and more upset with this one.

Thx in advance!

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

iText (the library JasperReports uses for PDF exporting) seems to determine the font type based on the file extension of the font name.  Therefore you should workaround this problem by naming the JasperServer font resource something like "EriePL.ttf".

If this fixes the error, you could also log a JasperServer bug/feature request so that we will investigate whether JasperServer/JasperReports could somehow take care of this automatically.

Regards,

Lucian

Worked like a charm.. Lucian thanks to you I will get bald a little bit later :)

I am not sure if it deserves to be a called a bug. It simply requires a line or two in documentation. Filling the bug nevertheless.

Thank you!

Peter

Post Edited by Peter Lagoda at 12/04/08 09:43