Where is the compile button???

I feel a bit stupid but...  I can't see how to compile my report in iReport 3.1.0 without trying to run it.  Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Cheers

lukus's picture

6 Answers:

below ur filename tab.. there is designer | xml | preview.. click on the preview.. and if there is no error.. the preview will be shown.. and the .jasper is being compiled out.

evelyn's picture

Thanks for your reply evelyn. 

I had found the preview button but quite frequently I want to just recompile the report after a minor change of some sort.  I do not always wish to view the report in these cases.  In fact viewing the report can be a little painful given that frequently there are external data sourses and parameters being passed to the report at launch time.  Of course this causes errors which I am fine with and I do still get my report compiled but it does tend to be a hog on the memory while it goes about generating the errors that I know I'll recieve at launch time anyway. 

Are you able to just compile the report like I've been able to do in versions prior to 3.1.0?

Cheers

lukus's picture

Hi..

you need to get the compile button out.. right-click on the toolbar and select customize. under designer there is one "Run report", drag it to the toolbar and use it.

hope it help :)

evelyn's picture

lukus,

No, I don't think it's possible to just compile the report any more. It's not really a critical feature... but I'd like to have it back as well. Please enter a bug report / enhancement request for it in the tracker.

evelyn,

"Run Report" is good for, well, running a report. It's identical to clicking on the Preview button. The point lukus was making was that he wants to compile but not run the report.

Regards,
Matt

mdahlman's picture

Thanks Matt / Evelyn,

I'll put on a feature request.  In the short term I've rolled back to iReport 3.0.0 (classic) which still has the compile option.

Thanks for the advice and feedback

Cheers

Lukus

lukus's picture

Let me get this straight, you can not just compile the reports anymore. I'll second bringing back this feature. Due to the nature of our setup we test all our reports on the server. Running reports on our desktop means we have the extra work of deleting empty files for our desktops file system.

svenn's picture
Feedback
randomness