We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Display a part of the text as bold in PDF?

aleena

Hello,

I am facing a problem with styled text.

My requirement is” I want to display a part of the text as bold “

For e.g. Heavy rain today

I am using styled text and enclosed rain with <b> </b> tag. My source is

<textField isStretchWithOverflow="true" isBlankWhenNull="true" evaluationTime="Now" hyperlinkType="None"  hyperlinkTarget="Self" >

<reportElement

x="44"

y="23"

width="307"

height="17"

key="textField-1"/>

<box topBorder="None" topBorderColor="#000000" leftBorder="None" leftBorderColor="#000000" rightBorder="None" rightBorderColor="#000000" bottomBorder="None" bottomBorderColor="#000000"/>

<textElement isStyledText="true">

<font fontName="Arial" pdfFontName="Helvetica" size="10" isBold="false"/>

</textElement>

<textFieldExpression   class="java.lang.String"><![CDATA["Heavy <b>rain </b> today"]]></textFieldExpression>

</textField>

When I execute this report with HTML preview I am getting the result as expected “. Heavy rain today

but when I execute this report with PDF preview I am not getting the bold text  and I am getting  .” Heavy rain today “. I want to generate PDF as output. So how can I display part of the text as bold in PDF

Please help me….

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The <b></b> tags no longer work on text fields, you need to use <style isBold="true" pdfFontName="Helvetica-Bold">your bold text</style> to make it work. The Helvetica-bold can be replaced with other font names if you are using something different. The quotes must be included and if you are using a text_field and are enclosing the entire text in quotes then an escape character will need to be added before each extra quote such as <style isBold="true" pdfFontName="Helvetica-Bold">. 

• 6 years later...

for me this work

<textField>
<reportElement uuid="bc2a1059-fa3e-4611-a834-ca5b00a40b48" x="16" y="184" width="522" height="53"/>
<textElement textAlignment="Justified" markup="styled">
<font fontName="Arial" size="9" />
</textElement>
<textFieldExpression><![CDATA["<style isBold="true" pdfFontName="Helvetica-Bold" >De conformidad</style> :]]></textFieldExpression>
</textField>