No report compiler set for language : null

I'm using ireport 3.1.1 and jasperserver 3.0.0. 

When I ran a report unit  in the repository navigator or in  the I get the following error:

No report compiler set for language : null

I need some additional jar file or library for compiling the report that upload to the server?

Thanks for the help 

;)

carlesrub's picture

9 Answers:

In the previous post meant "directly in the jasperserver"
carlesrub's picture

Hi have exactly the same problem. My solution is to recreate the same report using iReport 3.0.0. I understand is not a solution rather workaround ;-)

Does anybody have any idea how to use reports generated via iReport 3.1.1 in JasperServer 3.0.1 or where to get JasperServer that works with reports from iReport 3.1.1

martinlie's picture
For the most of reports it enough just open&save it in iReport 3.0.0 and then upload to server.
martinlie's picture

Thanks Martinlie, 

I tried what you said to me ... and the error disappears. I understand that at least runs the load. But I get this error:

1 - org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Element type "topPen" must be declared. 
java.lang.Exception: 1 - org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Element type "topPen" must be declared.      at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.irplugin.wsclient.WSClient.runReport(WSClient.java:394)      at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.irplugin.wsclient.WSClient.runReport(WSClient.java:311)      at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.irplugin.ReportRunner.run(ReportRunner.java:80)      at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) 

Do you have any idea who could it be?

thanks ;)

carlesrub's picture
Sorry, no idea. Never came across.
martinlie's picture

Dear Martinlie,

Finally I'm using ireport 3.0.0 with jasperserver 3.0.0 and all the reports works fine. Only need change subreports and images with resources of repository.

The interface of 3.1.1 is better but I prefer not have bridges ... XD

Thanks x all  ;)

carlesrub's picture

i have exactely the some problem with ireport 3.1.0, No report compiler set for language : null but dod not try ireport 3.0. yet. One solution is to add language="java" to the jasperReport Tag in the jrxml-file. but i would like to set the language in my programm but didnt fine a way yet. does anybody habe an idea?

and i also have the problem with the bad formed xml while compileing the report. There is a possibility to disable xml-validation dureing the compile-task

JRProperties.setProperty(JRProperties.COMPILER_XML_VALIDATION, false);

I temporarely use this solution but i dont like it. it seems so that ireport 3.1.0 does not generate well formed xmls?

anyway, im grateful for every suggestion

cheers, dominic

bayo's picture

Hi Bayo, 

If you use ireport 3.0.0 and jasperserver 3.0.0 not exist this problem because de libraries to compile reports in both platforms are the same . Then I recommend you use the ireport 3.0.0 classic because the features and possibilities are very similars that in 3.1.0. 

;)

carlesrub's picture

Hi All, You can use the latest iReport 3.1.x once the JS 3.1.0 is released.

Post Edited by Anandharaj @ Raj at 11/20/08 02:43
anandharaj's picture
Feedback
randomness