Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

Confused about administration of resources

cenbells

Hi All,

i'm currently somewhat confused about the way the role based security is evaluated and the different documentations about it.

I'm currently setting up our user base (about 20 persons). As we want to give the users the possibility to create their own reports / analysis views we decided to create a folder per user on which they have administer rights. 

Repository looks like /root/Users/<username>

First thing missing is the possibility for the users to add resources to the folder. In our installation it is only possible for users having ROLE_ADMINSITRATOR assigned. I hope it is understandable, that this is not an option.

Next thing which is not working for the users is the possibility to assign permissions for resources in their folder.

According to the various documentations it is also not clear, if this feature is intended or not. Some documentations say, users are able to assign permissions on some resource if they have administer right on some resource. Other documentations state the contrary.

I came across the following post in this forum

http://jasperforge.org/plugins/espforum/view.php?group_id=112&forumid=102&topicid=36479

which states that is not possible to create new resources for users not having ROLE_ADMINISTRATOR. What about the option to assign permissions?

I'm using Jasperserver pro 3.0.0.0 + JasperAnalysis

Kind Regards

Ken

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic