We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Subreport return value is null

javabean

Hi all,

I have a master report and a subreport and need to return a BigDecimal value from subreport in detail band, then need to summary this return value. But this value always return null, if I set the calculation type of the received variable to "System", I can return it but it loss the last one and fill null to the first one.

For example, in subreport the value is shown as 1,2,3, but in masterreport the return value is null,1,2.

Can anyone help me? Thanks.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want to display a returned value in the same band, you'll have to set evaluationType="Band" for the text field. And if you want to sum returned values, you'll have to create a new variable and set calculation="Sum" when returning the value:

Code:

<variable name="ReturnValueSum" class="java.lang.Integer" calculation="System"/>
<subreport>
<returnValue subreportVariable=".." toVariable="ReturnValueSum" calculation="Sum"/>
</subreport>

HTH,

Lucian

Hi lucianc,

I am afraid that it doesn't work. Below is the coding,

<variable name="GrandTotByDate" class="java.lang.Integer" resetType="Report" calculation="System">

<returnValue subreportVariable="TOTALBYDATE" toVariable="GrandTotByDate" calculation="Sum"/>

The result is null, and subreportVariable "TOTALBYDATE" is already Integer.

On the other hand, when I set evluation time to "Band", the textfield disappear. Below is the coding.

<variable name="TotalByDate" class="java.lang.Integer" resetType="Report" calculation="Nothing">

<returnValue subreportVariable="TOTALBYDATE" toVariable="TotalByDate"/>

<textField isStretchWithOverflow="true" pattern="###0" isBlankWhenNull="false" evaluationTime="Band" hyperlinkType="None" hyperlinkTarget="Self" >

<textFieldExpression class="java.lang.Integer"><![CDATA[$V{TotalByDate}]]></textFieldExpression>

Is there anything wrong, please advise, thanks.

javabean wrote:

<variable name="GrandTotByDate" class="java.lang.Integer" resetType="Report" calculation="System">

<returnValue subreportVariable="TOTALBYDATE" toVariable="GrandTotByDate" calculation="Sum"/>

The result is null, and subreportVariable "TOTALBYDATE" is already Integer.

That's strange. Do you have a full sample that shows this?

On the other hand, when I set evluation time to "Band", the textfield disappear.

Note that text fields that have delayed evaluation do not stretch. Make sure you set the text field height to a value large enough to fit the text.

Regards,

Lucian