Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

Complex Expressions

remingtont

Hello,

I'm trying to create a complex expression that uses a comparison operator, however Jasper throws errors when it trys to compile my report.

$F{BUDGET_AMOUNT}).intValue()==0? 0:new Double($F{BUDGET_SPENT_AMOUNT}.doubleValue() / $F{BUDGET_AMOUNT}.doubleValue())

The BUDGET_AMOUNT coming from my db is a double, however I need to convert it to an int for the comparison, I assume I also need to convert a part of this to a boolean but I'm not quite sure how to do that.

Any help is appreciated.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We'd need the errors to give you any specific advice, but at glance I notice that you have an unopened paren right before .intValue(). Also from my experience, autoboxing doesn't always work when compiling jrxml, so you might want to replace intValue()==0?0 with intValue()==0? new Double(0)

Sorry yes the unopened bracket was a typo on my part when I cut and pasted.

I modified the expression which is now, in iReport when I validate the expression there are no issues.

$F{BUDGET_AMOUNT}==0.00? new Double(0):new Double($F{BUDGET_SPENT_AMOUNT}.doubleValue() / $F{BUDGET_AMOUNT}.doubleValue())

I get the following two errors repeatedly when attempting to compile.

')' expected - this is expected just before the ending semi colon on the following line.

value = (java.lang.Double)(((java.lang.Double)field_BUDGET_AMOUNT.getValue())==0.00? new Double(0):new Double(((java.lang.Double)field_BUDGET_SPENT_AMOUNT.getValue()).doubleValue());

';' expected - this is expected at the third closing bracket just before the semi colon.

value = (java.lang.Double)(((java.lang.Double)field_BUDGET_AMOUNT.getValue()).doubleValue()));