Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

JR 2.0.5 markup styling: bullet/number lists?

hopesolutions

I have just seen that the new JasperReports 2.0.5 includes support for html/rtf formated markup language, but till what level of markup does it support?

I am interested in having lists (both ordered and unordered), but it doesn't seem that HTML markup do export correctly <ul>, <ol> or <li> elemetns.

my request is to have a bulleted list (even with a simple dash - but have some indentation for each point if the text spans more than 1 line.

any idea?

(sorry for the double post, slow internet issue)

Post edited by: hopesolutions, at: 2008/03/18 13:30

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

slow internet issue

I guess it's more the Joomla Installation and the forum-addon for Joomla running at JasperForge-Site.

We do have a 2 MBit symetric DSL connection but the JasperForge Site is one of the slowest I do visit.

@Teodor:

ever thought to change the server where the JasperForge is running? I had an own Joomla Installation running at one of Germanys biggest WebHoster (Strato) but the webserver running behind was as slow as this server seems to be. So I changed to another one (Host-Europe), who called himself "Joomla certified" and now my Joomla has site creations < 1 sec. :-)

just my two cents (a bit off-Topic)

C-Box

Hi,

We are working on a new Forge system which is not based on Joomla. The turnover to the new system will happen in early summer. So for the time being, we just go ahead with this one. I'll see whether we can do some improvements.

As for the HTML problem posted here, the idea is that we use the JEditorPane from JDK to parse HTML, but we are only interested in formatted text content and less on layout. This is because layout information like tables, divs and others are meaningless inside a JR text field.

We are actually translating HTML to our own styled text format, internally.

I agree we could be doing something about bulleted lists, so please fill a bug report for this and we'll look into it.

http://jasperforge.org/sf/tracker/do/listArtifacts/projects.jasperreports/tracker.bugs

Thanks,

Teodor