How to insert a new page in iReport 2.0.2

I need to have to my report on 2 pages. How can I do it, please. I've already tried to use:
1.a subreport(in this case I understand nothing, how to do, etc.).
2.Via a menu option 'Edit-Insert page/column break in my report. But in this case I don't have enogh space to add my report components because the only page that I have is not long enough.

Thank you!
Javix's picture

9 Answers:

well, if you need always to pages you can try this. When you do your report in properties activate. Sumary on new page and Title on new page. And for sure you always get two pages
necronet's picture
Hi, but I didn't understand at all what you mean, may be you use an automatic language translator?;)
So, I'll explain it again in more details.
I would like to prepare a template to be used for standard letters I'll address to clients. And this letter must always have 2 pages(that is the desire of my client for the formatting). That's why no need to talk about title, summary or anything else.
Best regards,

Hope someone will help me to resolve this problem.
Post edited by: Javix, at: 2007/12/13 07:41
Javix's picture
in Menu Choose Edit-> Insert Page
you will get a cross
Draw a line where you want page break.

hope this helps

Partha
partha99's picture
I've already tried this. It works. But I don't have enough space in the details section (of the 1-st page where the page break cross-line was put) for my text elements to be put on the 2-nd page. It's not possible to get it longer. How can I do?
Javix's picture
you can increase the details band by just dragging it down. You can choose a suitable printer and page setup of appropriate paper size if you want bigger layout.
Partha
partha99's picture
As I use a standard A4 letter size, my report margins hava already ben set. And in this case you can get the details section longer until the max size (height) of the letter. It is no more possible to drag it down!:( And I should have 2 identical pages A4.
Javix's picture
HI Javix, have you solved your problem of inserting new pages in a report??? b\'coz am in a same kind of situation, where I need to generate a report with 3 or more pages.. Please post back, if u got the solution.. thanks, sreejith
rsreejithnair's picture

Using a new version of iReport (3.5.2 and later), you can add more detail bands. Put a page break where you need to split the report in more pages (for instance if you put a page break at the end of the first and second detail, you can have 3 details with 3 pages.

Giulio 

giulio's picture

i m using same version of iReport (3.5.2 and later) , but problem is there exception occur here. that is

java.util.ConcurrentModificationException
        at java.util.HashMap$HashIterator.nextEntry(HashMap.java:793)
        at java.util.HashMap$KeyIterator.next(HashMap.java:828)
        at org.netbeans.api.visual.widget.Scene.validate(Scene.java:395)
        at com.jaspersoft.ireport.designer.widgets.JRDesignElementWidget.propertyChange(JRDesignElementWidget.java:527)
        at java.beans.PropertyChangeSupport.firePropertyChange(PropertyChangeSupport.java:339)
        at java.beans.PropertyChangeSupport.firePropertyChange(PropertyChangeSupport.java:276)
        at java.beans.PropertyChangeSupport.firePropertyChange(PropertyChangeSupport.java:297)
        at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.design.JRDesignElement.setY(JRDesignElement.java:107)
        at com.jaspersoft.ireport.designer.outline.nodes.ElementPasteType.paste(ElementPasteType.java:254)
        at org.openide.explorer.ExplorerActionsImpl$MultiPasteType.paste(ExplorerActionsImpl.java:441)
        at org.openide.actions.PasteAction$ActionPT.actionPerformed(PasteAction.java:791)
        at org.netbeans.core.ModuleActions.invokeAction(ModuleActions.java:104)
        at org.openide.actions.PasteAction$ActionPT.run(PasteAction.java:815)
        at org.openide.util.RequestProcessor$Task.run(RequestProcessor.java:572)
        at org.openide.util.RequestProcessor$Processor.run(RequestProcessor.java:997)

junaidahmed's picture
Feedback