We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Multiple queryString

sole021

Now, I know several other people were asking about this, but none of them had the exact same problem as I have:

I need a way (and hope there is one) to put more then one querystring in a single report. The point is to pull a company logo from the database to be displayed in the header of every page. I know I can get that in single query, but the problem arises if there are thousands of records. In that case, I would get thousands of copies of a single picture in memory - one for each row of data and if the picture is large, well...

On the other hand, subreports wouldn't work since the jasper xml sources are also kept inside the database and get compiled into random names (well, not completely random, but unknown to me at "design time"). And, there is that fact that there are some other data in page headers depending on a report, so I would need as many different subreports as how many reports there are. Meaning, the header wouldn't be reusable.

I apologize if my English is bad, but it's not my native language.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi.

Multiple Query string is not possible.

But there is some other way around.

what you are trying to do is possible

1. Try passing that image as a parameter.

2. Find a way to query the datasource from the report Image field in runtime, and pull the logo.(I know this could be done, but don't know how to do this. If you get the answer to this then please reply).