Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

internal limits in JS? (JS 1.2.1 vs. JS 2.0.1)

Henry

Hello,

at the moment i migrate from JS 1.2.1 to JS 2.0.1. I have the same problem like some weeks ago when i tried to migrated from 1.2.1 to 2.0.0.

I generate every day identical reports with different data sources. The different between the data source is only the size. There are data inside from some month till one year.

With JS 1.2.1 or iReport 2.0.1 i can generate all reports without problems.

With JS 2.0.1 (also with 2.0.0) every report are generated except the one with the biggest data source.

I “played†with some java memory parameter but nothing helps, i got every time the following error.

Some ideas whats wrong or different to JS 1.2.1?

Henry

[file name=report_problem.txt size=13825]http://www.jasperforge.org/components/com_joomlaboard/uploaded/files/report_problem.txt[/file]

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Theodor,

OVOPiePlot is one of my ChartCustomizer Class. I use this class from the time that i start with jasperreport. Till now everything works without problems (iReport and JasperServer).

And now with JS 2.0.0 and 2.0.1 i have problems only with one report in combination with one datasource. The same report with a smaler datasource works fine in JS.

I have attached the OVOPiePlot.java file.

I use jfreechart-1.0.6.jar, jcommon-1.0.10.jar. But i have the same problems with the version that included in JS.

Henry

[file name=OVOPiePlot.txt size=2257]http://www.jasperforge.org/components/com_joomlaboard/uploaded/files/OVOPiePlot.txt[/file]

If you want to get rid of the "not serializable" exception (which you should), make MyPieSectionLabelGenerator a static inner class (i.e. public static class MyPieSectionLabelGenerator extends ..).

If you don't want to use a virtualizer when filling the reports in JS, edit WEB-INF/flows/viewReportBeans.xml and remove the "virtualizerFactory" property of the "viewReportAction" bean.

HTH,

Lucian

Hello Lucian,

i changed the class like you described

(public static class MyPieSectionLabelGenerator extends ...).

Now all reports are generated, also the one with the big database. Is` a database from 2006 and the report create a pdf document with 365 pages. And also the system memory/swap usage during the reporting creation looks now very well. :)

Big thanks for you help, Henry