Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

iReport 1.3.2 don't work with groovy

Go to solution Solved by redwine,

reports with groovy language don't compile.

If I use previous version 1.2.1, all work.

Error:

java.lang.AbstractMethodError: org.codehaus.groovy.control.CompilationUnit$ClassgenCallback.call(Lorg/objectweb/asm/ClassVisitor;Lorg/codehaus/groovy/ast/ClassNode;)V at org.codehaus.groovy.control.CompilationUnit$5.call(CompilationUnit.java:587) at org.codehaus.groovy.control.CompilationUnit.applyToPrimaryClassNodes(CompilationUnit.java:822) at org.codehaus.groovy.control.CompilationUnit.classgen(CompilationUnit.java:525) at org.codehaus.groovy.control.CompilationUnit.compile(CompilationUnit.java:432) at net.sf.jasperreports.compilers.JRGroovyCompiler.compileUnits(JRGroovyCompiler.java:97) at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.design.JRAbstractCompiler.compileReport(JRAbstractCompiler.java:190) at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.design.JRDefaultCompiler.compileReport(JRDefaultCompiler.java:105) at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JasperCompileManager.compileReportToFile(JasperCompileManager.java:128) at it.businesslogic.ireport.IReportCompiler.run(IReportCompiler.java:588) at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Solution

nzanaga,

I also ran into that problem two weeks ago.

Giulio immediately posted a bug for this at

http://www.jasperforge.org/sf/go/artf2191?nav=1

He told me that...

"iReport 1.3.2 ships with an old groovy jar.
You need to replace the old groovy-all-1.0-beta-10.jar (in the lib directory) with the new groovy-all-1.0.jar available in JasperReports 1.3.2 or in the iReport SVN repository."

Just a bit of information...

I still had problems running 1.3.2 after replacing the old beta jar so I just stayed with 1.3.1... at least for now.

There are actually several similar observations about 1.3.2 that you will find in the forum and I'm pretty sure that Giulio made several corrections and bug fixes to 1.3.2 since I tried it out.

Edwin