We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Error loading expression class

redwine

Giulio,

A new problem has come up.

I tried compiling one of my master reports using version 1.3.2 but I get the error message as shown below:

------

Compiling to file... C:Documents and Settings....jasperplacement.jasper -> C:Program FilesJasperSoftiReport-1.3.2placement.java

Compilation running time: 1,922.

Filling report...

Locale: English (United States)

Time zone: US/Arizona (Mountain Standard Time)

Error filling print... Error loading expression class : gps_letterhead_01_1175194164156_845910

net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRException: Error loading expression class : gps_letterhead_01_1175194164156_845910 at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.design.JRAbstractJavaCompiler.loadEvaluator(JRAbstractJavaCompiler.java:87) at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.design.JRAbstractCompiler.loadEvaluator(JRAbstractCompiler.java:320) at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.design.JRDefaultCompiler.loadEvaluator(JRDefaultCompiler.java:218) at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.design.JRDefaultCompiler.loadEvaluator(JRDefaultCompiler.java:232) at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRFillSubreport.evaluate(JRFillSubreport.java:305) at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRFillElementContainer.evaluate(JRFillElementContainer.java:274) at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRFillBand.evaluate(JRFillBand.java:403) at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRVerticalFiller.fillTitle(JRVerticalFiller.java:288) at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRVerticalFiller.fillReportStart(JRVerticalFiller.java:224) at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRVerticalFiller.fillReport(JRVerticalFiller.java:113) at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRBaseFiller.fill(JRBaseFiller.java:767) at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRBaseFiller.fill(JRBaseFiller.java:690) at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRFiller.fillReport(JRFiller.java:89) at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JasperFillManager.fillReport(JasperFillManager.java:601) at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JasperFillManager.fillReport(JasperFillManager.java:517) at it.businesslogic.ireport.IReportCompiler.run(IReportCompiler.java:893) at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.ScriptBytecodeAdapter.asType(ScriptBytecodeAdapter.java:643) at gps_letterhead_01_1175194164156_845910.<init>(calculator_gps_letterhead_01_1175194164156_845910) at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source) at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source) at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source) at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Unknown Source) at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source) at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.design.JRAbstractJavaCompiler.loadEvaluator(JRAbstractJavaCompiler.java:83) ... 16 more

Print was not filled. Try using an EmptyDataSource...

------

When I try to compile the exact same report using version 1.3.1 I SOMETIMES get the same message but SOMETIMES am able to get it to compile and generate the .pdf file with the following message in the output console:

------

Compiling to file... C:Documents and Settings....jasperplacement.jasper -> C:Program FilesJasperSoftiReport-1.3.1placement.java

Compilation running time: 891.

Filling report...

Locale: English (United States)

Time zone: US/Arizona (Mountain Standard Time)

Report fill running time: 672. (pages generated: 1)

Exporting PDF to file (using iText)... C:Documents and Settings....jasperplacement.pdf.

Export running time: 109.

Executing: C:Program Files....Acrobat.exe C:Documents and Settings....jasperplacement.pdf

------

I observed that the error message in 1.3.1 appears when I attempt to compile the master report in version 1.3.2 and immediately try to compile the same report using version 1.3.1.

I am able to compile it successfully in 1.3.1 only when I compile the subreport in 1.3.1 before compiling the master report also using version 1.3.1.

That's truly odd.

Note that I just recently replaced the old groovy jar with the one you recommended.

What could this be?

I'm actually trying to find out what I can about this.

Will send you word if I do find something else related to this or if I find out what's causing this error.

Edwin

• 5 years later...
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic