JasperETL and FirebirdSQL

Hello!

I already got JS up and running on a FirebirdSQL database (the meta-data repository).
Integrating them into reports was no problem.

But, we want to use JasperETL to consolidate our existing databases ... which are in FirebirdSQL, of course.
Before I start looking into JasperETL and how to define another DB driver to read the schema and the data, maybe someone can give me a hint whether this is a
  • "put the lib into the path, add a statement to some config file" problem, or a

• "implement complete database-specific wrapper code" kind of problem?

• [/ul] There is also the problem of the Perl drivers ... there is a DBD::Interbase at sourceforge, but it surely has to be integrated into the JasperETL configs as well.

For the moment, we are using ODBC, and (on windows) it works without problems. Still, direct access would be nicer ...

Maybe someone was already there and can give me a hint ...
    otherwise, I'll just see what I can do.

Thanks in advance,
    Sebastian
csbac's picture

1 Answer:

csbac wrote:

But, we want to use JasperETL to consolidate our existing databases ... which are in FirebirdSQL, of

Hi Sebastian !

Unfortunatly, JasperETL doesn't support yet FirebirdSQL with native access. However, you can use ODBC connection to access to FirebirdSQL.

If you want create a native connector for FireBirdSQL, please see our component_creation documentation. http://talendforge.org/wiki/doku.php?id=component_creation

______
Thank you for your support!
Cedric Carbone
Talend CTO
ccarbone's picture
Feedback
randomness