We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

weird request... "dynamic subreports"

ajorgensen

I have an oddball situation and was curious if there was a solution to it other than obviously splitting the reports:

I have a summary report written, with the "issue#" field as the key, shown in the summary. What I want to is make "issue#" a link. when the link is clicked, kick off another report that shows all the details for this issue, using a different query.

Is this possible?

Thanks much...

Alex

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello,

This is possible but you will have to implement this in your own application. I am not aware of a way to do it from running inside of iReport. So, I guess the first question I would ask; Are you running your reports under a webapp? If so, then your webapp would need to capture the link (with any necessary parameters) and then call back down to a different report or even the same report. I guess the different query is under a different report. This is the high level view of what we did.

Thanks,

Calvin

I think I got the same problem.

I configure the hyperlinkparameters in ireport (in the .jrxml file) but how can I use these parameters in another java/jsp file? I dont know how to get these parameters in the new java/jsp file

example of what I want:

(when I klicked the hyperlink with the hyperlinkparameters)

in the new jsp/java file

String city=....gethyperlinkparameter("hyperlinkpacity")

(it isnt correct I know, but Its to explain my problem)

chill_work wrote:

Hello,

This is possible but you will have to implement this in your own application. I am not aware of a way to do it from running inside of iReport. So, I guess the first question I would ask; Are you running your reports under a webapp? If so, then your webapp would need to capture the link (with any necessary parameters) and then call back down to a different report or even the same report. I guess the different query is under a different report. This is the high level view of what we did.

Thanks,
Calvin

we are running them under a webapp... that was the decision to go to further down the road. for now we just have them split into 2 separate reports with a filter screen for each. Thanks guys!