We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Passing external parameters to a Report Unit

agalper

We would like to pass a few dynamic report parameters into JI from another web app. These report parameters are a subset of the report parameters necessary for various report units, so we need to have a FillParams page display to collect the other mandatory parameter values before generating the report. Thus, we are not considering the Direct URL capability as described here.

We have already written our own listReportsFlow and viewReportsFlow, our own JSPs for ListReports, FillParams, and ViewReport, and our own custom authentication filter. In our ListReports page, we have JSTL access to the parameters passed in, but we cannot figure out how to provide them to the FillParams (for readonly display) and ViewReport pages for generating the final report.

I suppose we could stuff them into the session and somehow retrieve them on the ViewReports page for submission to the report filler (is this possible?), but is there a more elegant way?

Thanks,

-Adam Galper

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When the parameter values of a direct report execution URL cause a validation error (and the case of a required parameter lacking a value is treated like an error), the report parameters page is displayed so that the user can correct the values. I think you should try this and see whether you find it suitable to your needs.

HTH,

Lucian

I've tried that and the problem is that the flow does not appear to be traversable with submit/cancel/back/close buttons when using direct URLs.

I'd like to:

1. start at my ListReportsPage (which may be different for each user)

2. optionally display my FillParams page (if there are additional parameters beyond those passed in to the flow by my app)

3. always display the cancel button on the FillParams page to return to the List page

4. always display the Back and Close buttons on my ViewReports (HTML) page.

How can I do this with the direct execution URL flow?

Thanks,

-Adam