Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

upgrade 1.0.1 to 1.1.0

babarincairo

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm almost sure you'll need to uninstall previous version. Anyway I'm waiting for the installer since the install instructions are from zero using the installer as you mentioned.

About the database, if it's mysql you are using, use the mysqldump utility. For some peculiar reasons I've had to reinstall JI. Just make a mysqldump of the jasperserver db, uninstall JI, install new JI and if no db changes have been made, make an import and you are set to go, just as new. If you're on Oracle there are ways around it...

Hi,

i wanna also upgrade my JI 1.0.1 to 1.1.0, but it seems to my that the database schema has been changed. All tablenames now begin with a JI, for example:

BeanDatasource-->JIBeanDatasource

DataType-->JIContentResource

and there are a lot of new tables, for example:

JIContentResource, JIFileResource, JILogEvent, ...

and some tables are missing, for expample:

JSQuery, JSUser, ...

So i think it's mot done with a mysqldump and import.

I found the script ji-import-export.sh and maybe this can migrate an 1.0.1 instance to 1.1.0. But there is no documentation about the right commandline syntax.

Did anybody have a successfully migration? Or have an hint for the script ji-import-export.sh?

best regards

Holger Koch

I managed to upgrade successfully. Here's what I did:

1. unziped the J 1.1.0 zip over existing JI installation.

2. Deleted obsolete jars (always keep the one added the day you unzip, you can check this using the detail option from the view menu in the IE)

3. Is up and running.

I know I posted somewhere the steps but I don't remember where in the forums. Do a search on my name or something...

• 4 weeks later...

javydreamercsw wrote:

I managed to upgrade successfully. Here's what I did:
1. unziped the J 1.1.0 zip over existing JI installation.
2. Deleted obsolete jars (always keep the one added the day you unzip, you can check this using the detail option from the view menu in the IE)
3. Is up and running.

I know I posted somewhere the steps but I don't remember where in the forums. Do a search on my name or something...

OK, but what about the database ? What changes have you made ?

Thanks