Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

Problem with Maven - maven-site-plugins

senton9999

Hi everybody!

I tried to compile the jasperintelligence package from source for a couple of days. I checked out the latest version from the repository, installed maven2 und started compiling.

I always got errors during build because of missing dependencies. I read here in the forum, that it is possible that the repositories are overloaded and temporarily not available. So, now im trying it for 2 days and i'm as far as on the first day. :(

First i got an missing itext.jar which i could solve by installing it from command-line. But now i get a missing dependencie:

[iNFO] The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin' does not exist or no valid version could be found

Ok, what i now about maven is, that it creates the plugins and dependencies by itself in [home]/.m2/repositories. So, i can definitly find the plugin in maven's repository! but it seems maven doesn't anymore.

I'm using the standard settings.xml puplished in the source-code-developer-guide.pdf from jasperintel!

has anybody some hints for me, how i can get jasperserver running from source?

thx in advance

Stefan

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stefan,

It sounds like you have trouble with you maven configuration settings for jasperintelligence. Have you seen the jasperintelligence-source-build-and-developer-guide? (in the docs directory or can download from jasperforge).

A key config file will be the ~.m2/settings.xml this will specify where the plugins to be downloaded get searched for (which remote repositories).

Also, make sure to get the jasperserver-repo source tree directory that will be parallel to your jasperserver tree.

• 7 months later...

Yeah I'm haivng the same problem and it's doing my head in.

Code:
The plugin  'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin' does not exist or no valid version could be found 

Why doesn't it tell my what version it's looking for?

Thanks for any help, :)