Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

SoapAPI class

ktrinad

By: Daniel Miller - heres4

SoapAPI class

2006-07-07 12:47

I can't find the com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.ws.SoapAPI file in the source repository. Has it been checked in? If so, where is it?

I'd like to have a way to fetch a report in PDF format using SOAP. Is there a way to do that yet?

Also, are there any plans to make a REST API where report parameters can be passed in the URL? That would be much easier to use than SOAP (IMHO).

By: Sherman Wood - sgwood

RE: SoapAPI class

2006-07-09 12:41

We are moving from having both Axis 1.3 and Axis2, to focusing on Axis2, so the SoapAPI is no longer there. The iReport plugin uses this.

The thing missing in the Axis2 API is running reports that produce HTML, PDF etc. I am working on that now.

There was a hack in 0.9.2 that allowed reports to be run without parameters. That has been removed for now. We are working on enhancing REST/URL interactivity so that people can call reports with parameters in the URL which will allow drillable reports and charts.

Sherman

JasperSoft

2006-07-10 13:56

It's great to hear that you're working on a REST API. I'm not asking for a hard date, but do you have any idea of the time frame that this will be available? I'm planning on using JasperServer in a project and generating parameterized PDF reports is a requirement.

Thanks for all your hard work so far. I really like the iReport integration.

~ Daniel

By: Sherman Wood - sgwood

2006-07-12 06:09

We are still working out the release plan for the next couple of months, and this will be in there. We may get some interim releases out, but expect the REST API in about 2 months.

Sherman

JasperSoft

2006-08-01 12:13

Thanks Sherman. I'll be looking forward to that.

~ Daniel

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic