We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

[0.92] Oracle JDBC problem

ktrinad

By: Kevin Conyers - kaptnk207

[0.92] Oracle JDBC problem

2006-06-16 15:31

Hi,

Have a simple report working within iReport against an Oracle 7.34 db using the older classes12.jar JDBC driver (older JDBC needed due to old Oracle server). However, when I try to run the report from within JasperServer I get the following error message:

org.springframework.webflow.ActionExecutionException: Exception thrown executing [AnnotatedAction@fc4957 targetAction = com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.war.action.ViewReportAction@1330af4, attributes = map[[empty]]] in state 'verifyData' of flow 'viewReportFlow'; nested exception is com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.JSException: Error creating connection.

The trace goes on for a bit but at the end it has:

Caused by: org.apache.commons.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot get a connection, pool exhausted at org.apache.commons.dbcp.PoolingDataSource.getConnection(PoolingDataSource.java:103) at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.engine.jasperreports.service.impl.JdbcDataSourceService.createConnection(JdbcDataSourceService.java:50) ... 79 more Caused by: java.util.NoSuchElementException: Could not create a validated object, cause: setReadOnly: Read-only connections not supported at org.apache.commons.pool.impl.GenericObjectPool.borrowObject(GenericObjectPool.java:806) at org.apache.commons.dbcp.PoolingDataSource.getConnection(PoolingDataSource.java:95) ... 80 more

I did a quick google and found something similar for some other software:

https://mail.internet2.edu/wws/arc/grouper-users/2005-10/msg00005.html

Seems to suggest that the older Oracle JDBC drivers don't support read only mode. Any ideas on how to get around this?

Thanks.

RE: [0.92] Oracle JDBC problem

2006-06-19 05:31

After a bit more experimentation I've got it working by creating a database link in the Oracle 8.1.7 server though to the Oracle 7.3.4 server and used the 9.0.1.4 JDBC driver. Bit of a kludge but it works for now.

By: Sherman Wood - sgwood

2006-06-19 06:46

Can you try setting up a data source with this driver? Maybe there are more options you can set there to get around this problem.

Sherman

JasperSoft

2006-06-19 02:42

Done some more digging. The latest Oracle JDC driver that works against Oracle 7.3.4 server is 9.0.1.4. If I use this in iReport 1.2.3 it seems to have problems getting the field names. In the Report Query dialog all the fields are there if you look at field types but the field names are mostly missing.

Tested the connection against an Oracle 8.1.7 server and that doesn't seem to have the same problem. Upgrading the Oracle server isn't an option at the moment.

Any help much appreciated.

By: Sherman Wood - sgwood

2006-06-19 06:47

This is an iReport problem, rather than a JasperServer one. Can you get help on the iReport forums?

Sherman

JasperSoft

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days