We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

ktrinad

By: Michael Calabrese - m2calabr

Barcodes

2006-05-19 14:04

I am setup a report that uses bar codes and I am getting the following error(s):

org.springframework.webflow.ActionExecutionException: Exception thrown executing [AnnotatedAction@17dff15 targetAction = com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.war.action.ViewReportAction@f5cbda, attributes = map[[empty]]] in state 'verifyData' of flow 'viewReportFlow'; nested exception is com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.JSExceptionWrapper: net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRException: Errors were encountered when compiling report expressions class file: 1. it.businesslogic.ireport.barcode.BcImage cannot be resolved to a type value = (java.awt.Image)(it.businesslogic.ireport.barcode.BcImage.getBarcodeImage(2,"O" + ((java.lang.Integer)field_orderid.getValue()),true,false,null,0,0)); <--------------------------------------> 2. it.businesslogic.ireport.barcode.BcImage cannot be resolved to a type value = (java.awt.Image)(it.businesslogic.ireport.barcode.BcImage.getBarcodeImage(2,"O" + ((java.lang.Integer)field_orderid.getOldValue()),true,false,null,0,0)); <--------------------------------------> 3. it.businesslogic.ireport.barcode.BcImage cannot be resolved to a type value = (java.awt.Image)(it.businesslogic.ireport.barcode.BcImage.getBarcodeImage(2,"O" + ((java.lang.Integer)field_orderid.getValue()),true,false,null,0,0)); <--------------------------------------> 3 errors

I assumed that I was just missing a jar file so I put barbecue-1.1.jar in tomcat5/common/lib.

Any help would be greatly appreated.

Michael

By: Sherman Wood - sgwood

RE: Barcodes

2006-05-19 19:45

Add the barbecue.jar as a resource in the repository.

For each report that uses barbecue.jar, refer to the jar.

Let use know whether that does the trick,

Sherman

JasperSoft

By: Michael Calabrese - m2calabr

2006-05-23 23:16

I added the jar to the respository as a jar file. Then I added it to the report as a resouce (from the repository) (called it barbecue).

Now I get the following errr:

org.springframework.webflow.ActionExecutionException: Exception thrown executing [AnnotatedAction@25b3d5 targetAction = com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.war.action.ReportUnitAction@1416b2d, attributes = map[[empty]]] in state 'validateReport' of flow 'reportUnitFlow'; nested exception is com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.JSExceptionWrapper: java.util.zip.ZipException: error in opening zip file

It looks like the repository can open that file to use the library.

Any suggestions?

By: Lucian Chirita - lucianc

2006-05-24 07:17

If you use the iReport barcode tool, you need both the barbecue jar and the iReport jar on the classpath when running the report.

Regarding the ZipException, I was not able to replicate it, it worked fine once I had both jars uploaded as resources. Could you verify whether the blob saved in the db in file_resource.data is identical to the barbecue.jar you uploaded?

As a note, if you're planning to have many reports containing barcodes, it's easier and better (performance-wise) to include the jars on your application's classpath (or tomcat's classpath, if you wish) than to upload them as resources in JasperServer.

Regards,

Lucian

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days