We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Jasperserver and JDBC driver for Iseries

ktrinad

By: openross - openmax71

Jasperserver and JDBC driver for Iseries

2006-04-12 07:12

I have add a new "Report Unit" with a jrxml file report that look at com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCDriver as DataSource.

When i go to "Localy Defined" and next to "JDBC Data Source" the wizard ask for Driver, Url, Username and password, I insert com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCDriver but i get error :"driver contains invalid characters" !!

so I inserted the com.mysql.jdbc.Driver for go on and validate the Report Unit.

then i went in then mysql table(with phpmyadmin) for jasperserver and manualy i have replaced com.mysql... with com.ibm.as400...

well, magicaly the report work and connect to iseries.

So the question is : why "driver contains invalid characters" error ?

By: Sherman Wood - sgwood

RE: Jasperserver and JDBC driver for Iseries

2006-04-12 10:42

Looks like a bug. Can you log it in Tracker?

Thanks,

Sherman

JasperSoft

2006-04-12 23:41

I don't know how to track, tell me how o give me some link to a tutorial..

Maybe you can try on your own installation with the iseries Jdbc driver that you can download from :

http://jt400.sourceforge.net/

By: Sherman Wood - sgwood

2006-04-13 06:04

I was meaning SourceForge Tracker for this project at: http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=162962&atid=825861

We have fixed the validation for the driver class name - it was not taking numerics. This will certainly be in the next release. We will be getting source out into SourceForge Subversion soon.

Sherman

JasperSoft

2006-04-13 06:36

Ok i do it. Bugs 1469812

Thanks.

By: mrr_zeus - mrr_zeus

Is MS SQL 2000 + JTDS Driver combo supported?

2006-05-23 08:25

We'd like to take advanatge of your Web Service version of your solution, however, after downloading both the UI and WS based version of JasperServer and following the instructions to use an alternate database via changes to context.xml and hibernate.properties we can't get either server up and running.

Software stats:

* Tomcat 5.0.28 and 5.5.17 -- we've tried both of these versions.

* JTDS JDBC Driver 1.2 -- we're using this driver in our existing application and would like to use it here as well.

* MS. SQL Server 2000 -- we have an existing database and would like to tie into it.

* Jasperservr.war & Jasperserver-ws.war 0.9.2

Is this combination of drivers, databases, etc. supported? See tomcat exceptions below.

Context.xml & Hibernate.properties Mods

~~ Context.xml ~~

<Context path="/jasperserver" docBase="jasperserver"

debug="5" reloadable="true" crossContext="true">

<Resource name="jdbc/jasperserver" auth="Container" type="javax.sql.DataSource"

maxActive="100" maxIdle="30" maxWait="10000"

username="root" password="root" driverClassName="net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver"

url="jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://htn755sql1.cce.cpqcorp.net:2048/LI"/>

</Context>

~~ Hibernate.properties ~~

metadata.hibernate.dialect=org.hibernate.dialect.SQLServerDialect

metadata.hibernate.dataSource.jndiName=jdbc/jasperserver

~~ Web.xml ~~

Note: The web.xml file had a syntax error in the <resource-ref> </resource-ref> on the <description> tag. The description end tag was "description>" instead of </description>.

Tomcat Exceptions Thrown (Catalina.out)

May 22, 2006 4:18:35 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig deployWAR

INFO: Deploying web application archive jasperserver.war

16:18:41,257 WARN JDBCExceptionReporter,ContainerBackgroundProcessor[standardEngine[Catalina]]:71 - SQL Error: 0, SQLState: null

16:18:41,264 ERROR JDBCExceptionReporter,ContainerBackgroundProcessor[standardEngine[Catalina]]:72 - Cannot load JDBC driver class 'net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver'

16:18:41,269 WARN SettingsFactory,ContainerBackgroundProcessor[standardEngine[Catalina]]:103 - Could not obtain connection metadata

org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot load JDBC driver class 'net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver'

at org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.BasicDataSource.createDataSource(BasicDataSource.java:766)

at org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.BasicDataSource.getConnection(BasicDataSource.java:540)

at org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.LocalDataSourceConnectionProvider.getConnection(LocalDataSourceConnectionProvider.java:81)

~~ Troubleshooting ~~

*We've unbundled the war and added the jtds-1.2.jar to the applications WEB-INF/lib directory, rebundled and delopyed.

*We've verified that the jtds-1.2.jar driver shows up under the Tomcat/webapps/jasperserver/WEB-INF directory after it is unpacked.

Any thoughts or pointers would be appreciated.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days