Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

Hyperlinks

2004 IR Help

By: rodger - rodg

Hyperlinks

2004-09-22 06:11

Can someone please describe how to create a hyperlink...

By: Rick Millar - rmillar

RE: Hyperlinks

2004-09-22 09:03

View the properties of the field element you want to have a hyperlink on. You will see a Hyperlink tab. In that tab,choose Reference from the Hyperlink Type pull down. Then type your URL in the Hyperlink Reference Expression box. e.g. "http://www.google.com" You can also reference a variable or parameter in the expression box to dynamically create your URL.

HTH

Rick

By: rodger - rodg

2004-09-23 00:43

Thanks for the response Rick.....I have done it like you explained and when I move my cursor over the hyperlink item it displays the name of the link but nothing happens when I click on the link.....Could there be some other settings I should check??

By: Rick Millar - rmillar

2004-09-23 07:37

I've found that the JRViewer previewer in I-reports behaves just as you've described. Try selecting the PDF viewer from the Build menu to see if that helps. Otherwise, I am at a loss to help you.

Rick

By: alanHardwick - alan314

2004-09-27 00:33

Having same problem, according to documentation, the default JRViewer does not know how to deal with external hyperlinks and you have to implement them yourselves in the JRHyperlinklistener interface.

Not quite sure how, if anyone figures it out then please let us know.

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

well, the simplest is:

Code:
viewer.addHyperlinkListener( new JRHyperlinkListener() {
public void gotoHyperlink(JRPrintHyperlink jrPrintHyperlink) throws JRException {
JOptionPane.showMessageDialog(null, "Hyperlink: "+jrPrintHyperlink.getHyperlinkReference());
}
});

But this is a sample of course and does nothing more then registering the listener and shows how to use it.

In real solution you should open a browser, make a redirect or anything you want.

The problem (for me) is that the mouse does not change to "hand" in my application. It works only in JasperDesignViewer :(

--

best regards, zgibek