Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

Incorrect page breaking with supressed lines

2004 IR Help

By: anthonye - aengla01

Incorrect page breaking with supressed lines

2004-09-07 07:20

Hi

I have a report that has numerous lines that are suppressed when blank. This causes the printed detail to be much smaller than the actual detail size as seen in the design view (printed in 2cm, design size = about half A4 page)

However, when the report prints, it seems that page breaks are based on the design view size, not the smaller printed size - so it creates a page break before it should - leaving a large blank space at the bottom of the page. I have set it to allow splitting, but that does not seem to have any effect.

The same thing happens whether I put the area in a subreport, or in the master. The report is 180K, so I don't want to paste the xml.

Anyone have any ideas???

Thanks

Anthony

• 11 months later...
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This also happens with my report when it is filled out:

size=400]http://www.jasperforge.org/components/com_joomlaboard/uploaded/images/report_pagebottom_space-9240c2293edb1f1f6b37e5cbb9e340fc.jpg

The space is only taken on page break, between the single detail band instances there is no problem, JasperReports frees the space there correctly. Please provide a way to suppress the free space also before a page break, if you know one...

Thank you,

Mathis