We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Downloaded iReport-0.5.1 cannot run

2005 IR Help

By: Selvam - mavles

Downloaded iReport-0.5.1 cannot run

2005-09-05 03:22

I just downloaded iReport-0.5.1 to my local hard disk. It's a zipped file that I unzipped. Then as instructed, I copied over the tools.jar file from the java directory to lin directory of iReport-0.5.1. After that I double clicked on the batch files iReport.bat and startup.bat. I endup with the error message as below:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError

at it.businesslogic.ireport.gui.SplashDialog.initComponents(SplashDialog

.java:44)

at it.businesslogic.ireport.gui.SplashDialog.<init>(SplashDialog.java:18

)

at it.businesslogic.ireport.gui.MainFrame.main(MainFrame.java:6910)

Does anyone have any idea about this problem?

By: Maurizio D. - mdecolle

RE: Downloaded iReport-0.5.1 cannot run

2005-09-06 01:42

Hi, I'm stuck with the same problem.

By: Selvam - mavles

2005-09-06 21:12

I've found the solution. Even though I've installed Netbean 4.1 in my machine, it is not in my windows' $PATH. The "java" that gets invoked each time i clickd at ireport.bat, is the version 1.3. I checked it by typing the command "java -version". I had to set the path of jdk1.5 to the windows' $PATH in the command line. Then when I run ireport.bat, it works. But if I click it through windows it ends up with the error message. So in order to get ireport up and running, I have to do it through command line. Hope this helps my fellow comrades who face the same kinda advesories..:)

By: Maurizio D. - mdecolle

2005-09-07 02:14

Thanks Selvam, I've uninstalled each older instance of JDK from my machine and installed version 1.5. At this point the "java -version" showed the correct rel.number. iReport at this point run without any problem WITHOUT adding the jdk path to my path environment variable and WITHOUT even defining a classpath environment variable. The only thing I had to do was copying the file tools.jar in the lib directory of iReport. Maybe your java environment contains some older version of the jdk that interferes with iReport.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days