Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

Bugs and Suggestions

2005 IR Help

By: Chris Germano - netslayer

Bugs and Suggestions

2005-07-28 10:58

I'm running ireports 0.5.0...

Suggestions:

1. The output window should not be one static section but should change for each thread that's running (context sensitive). ie If I click a thread on the right for a generating report it shows the debug output, status etc in the output window for that thread. The current way is extremely annoying when multiple things are generating and clearing each others output.

2. Document Structure section sometimes doesn't update to reflect changes to objects. I'll have to further look into when it occurs but it does quite frequently.

3. Add line numbers to the query window as most sql errors come back with line numbers.

Bugs:

1. When there are multiple items in the thread window they will all disappear when the output window updates, and then it is impossible to kill them. They can be seen again (refreshed) by adding a thread by say hitting compile again.

2. Close All isn't working properly. If I go save all, then close all it still prompts me to save the report(s) and worst yet if I click cancel it gets stuck in a loop to prompt me to save the same report until I click save.

3. There was a focus change either from switching from java 1.4 to 1.5 or somewhere in ireports (more likely) that affected the Object Properties box. Most times when an object is selected the object properties box will take focus and not allow keyboard input on the report itself. Thus using arrows when the object selected goes through the window property tabs and doesn't move the object. Copying and Pasting don't work..etc The work around is to close the properties window for each needed keyboard manipulation.

RE: Bugs and Suggestions

2005-07-28 15:00

More suggesstions:

4. Add the ability to sort the values window (fields, variables, parameters) by clicking their column titles.

5. Make the values and object properties window dockable in the main ireports window. This would eliminate the need to drag parameter lists out the way when doing report design.

2005-07-28 15:25

just found another minor bug,

4. when using the text width plugin there is a locale bug:

select a few fields, click Add elements and this pops up:

"I campi andranno fuori dai margini, continuare?"

2005-07-28 15:43

while i'm here, here's another:

5. Double click through the open files list and hit compile for each, after there are a few simutaneous compiles going on an informational message will be displayed:

["Must insert new content into body element-" OK ]

It could be some oddity from the reports but they all compile fine if given time.

By: C-Box - c-box

2005-07-29 00:59

Why don't you separate between real Bugs and real Feature Request and use the given SourceForge Modules!`??!?!?!?!

I guess it's diffucult for Guilio to track all these items from a single thread with many posts!?!?!?

think about it

C-Box

2005-08-12 08:49

good point, didn't realize the sourceforge bug reports system was being utilitized since I saw others here posting bugs. I'll move these over.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days