We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Java printing and PDF Fonts

ktrinad

By: Raffaello Bindi - bindi66

Java printing and PDF Fonts

2003-04-14 04:26

I cannot understand how ireport (0.08/0.09) treats font fields.

Using the editor I'm not able to correctly set fonts for java printing ( I mean previewing and printing with JasperViewer).

What's the relation between "Report font" field and the others two (PDF Font name and True Type Font) in the properties box?

If I define a Report font and try to set it in the properties box, I obtain strange results.

I can see the correct preview with ireport, but the result is different in JasperViewer.

Can anybody help me?

By: Giulio Toffoli - gt78

RE: Java printing and PDF Fonts

2003-04-14 05:13

Ciao Raffaello.

Leave for a moment iReport. JasperReport has two attributes in the font tag to specify the font for a text field: fontName and pdfFontName.

The first identify the java font (used i.e. by JasperView), the second is used only when a pdf report is generated.

If the user select an external TTF, iReport use the fontName attribute to store the TTF name. This is a bad thing because jasperView could not understand what font is required for this field.

In first instance, try to modify the xml manually, and make some tests for fonts.

Good look.

Giulio

By: Eric Vickery - ericvic

2003-04-16 11:19

I just ran across this same problem. In the application I'm developing we are using the Jasper viewer and need a way to provide the fontName for a text field. In the Report Font dialog there is a place for fontName but not in the Text Properties tab for an element.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

I appreciate all the hard work that has gone into iReport and am looking forward to the 100% java version.

Eric

By: Giulio Toffoli - gt78

2003-04-16 11:36

Tecnes Milan s.r.l. (www.tecnes.com) is supporting economically the modifications for one better management of the font.

This is a great example of how a comapany can support open source.

The new version of iReport (win32) is coming soon, stay tuned.

Giulio

2003-04-18 16:44

Giulio,

Thanks for the quick reply.

If you are saying that the company mentioned can modify iReport to have this functionality that is not what I need, I can do that. What I was wondering is will a future version of iReport have a place to provide the fontName on the Taxt Properties tab?

Thanks,

Eric

2003-04-18 16:49

Giulio,

Ignore my last message. I just noticed there was a new version of iReport that has this functionality and I understand that it was financed by Tecnes Milan. That is great to see such support.

Keep up the good work.

Thanks,

Eric

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic