We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

compilation changes behavior of class

ktrinad

By: George Georgilas - ggeorgegr

compilation changes behavior of class

2003-03-31 22:50

when i compile without any warnings the java files submitted with package and are used by ireport for compilation and displaying the reports, all the xml files previously filling allright, now are changing behavior.the xml files with Mysql driver give me blank pages and using csvjdbc driver crashes with connection error (unknown source).what is wrong?

By: Giulio Toffoli - gt78

RE: compilation changes behavior of class

2003-04-01 00:49

What version?

You can test succesfully the connection using csvjdbc driver? You can retrive query fields?

Giulio

2003-04-02 03:39

my ireport version is 0.0.8 and yes i can test succesfully the connection using csvjdbc driver if i don't compile IReportCompiler.class again.

After that all the problems start....

2003-04-02 04:44

i update the ireport to version 0.0.9 and seems like IReportCompiler.java is missing...

I need help badly....the csvjdvc driver works only with ireport which seems it uses IReportCompiler.class for compilation and viewing.if i compile IReportCompiler.java and replace submitted class driver doesn't work...actually compiles xml file but cant fill it.So far i can't make csvjdbc driver working directly with jasperreports.It only works with your IReportCompiler.class!!! is it magic or what?

By: Giulio Toffoli - gt78

2003-04-02 08:13

Sorry George, but I can't figure the problem out.

iReport compiles and fill reports without problems, but you are not able to make csvjdbc driver working?

Hm, It's very strange, please note that the code on IReportCompiler should not be changed in 0.0.9, but you can download the source from CVS:

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/ireport/iReport/IReportCompiler.java

What error you got exactly ?

Giulio

2003-04-04 04:34

Well Giulio i am about to give up trying....

I tried another csv driver (inet software) with ireport and compiles and fills reports ok again until i recompile iReportCompiler after that the same behavior as the mysql driver...warning "blank page"...

anyway do you know any csv driver who works fine with jasperreports? i can compile but can't fill anyone....the last one (i net-sofware) gives me

[java] java.lang.AbstractMethodError: com.inet.csv.b.getStatement()Ljava/sql/Statement;

[java] at dori.jasper.engine.fill.JRBaseFiller.fill(JRBaseFiller.java:381)

[java] at dori.jasper.engine.fill.JRFiller.fillReport(JRFiller.java:114)

[java] at dori.jasper.engine.JasperFillManager.fillReport(JasperFillManager.java:217)

[java] at dori.jasper.engine.JasperFillManager.fillReportToFile(JasperFillManager.java:138)

[java] at dori.jasper.engine.JasperFillManager.fillReportToFile(JasperFillManager.java:106)

2003-04-04 05:22

Dear Giulio, finally found the mystery... my sample xml had only variables in detail section, after i put a variable to another band the filling completed.

thanks anyway for your time.....

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic