We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Source Compiling using Visual J#

2004 IR Help

By: Michael Lee - michaeljlee

Source Compiling using Visual J#

2002-11-05 17:59

Hi,

I am trying to compile the source using J#.

I got the errors. The solution includes these;

v1.0.3705System.dll

v1.0.3705System.Data.dll

v1.0.3705System.XML.dll

v1.0.4205vjswfc.dll

v1.0.4205vjslib.dll

The error messages are:

iReportsrccombusinesslogicireportMainForm.java(440,25): error VJS1161: Cannot find class 'Document'

iReportsrccombusinesslogicireportMainForm.java(453,28): error VJS1161: Cannot find class 'Element'

iReportsrccombusinesslogicireportReport.java(119,15): error VJS1161: Cannot find class 'Document'

iReportsrccombusinesslogicireportReport.java(416,30): error VJS1161: Cannot find class 'Element'

iReportsrccombusinesslogicireportReport.java(732,34): error VJS1161: Cannot find class 'Element'

iReportsrccombusinesslogicireportReport.java(808,32): error VJS1161: Cannot find class 'Element'

Would anybody please advise me if you have used J# already?

Thanks,

Mike

By: Giulio Toffoli - gt78

RE: Source Compiling using Visual J#

2002-11-06 00:56

Hi Mike,

1. Document and element are class of a micorsoft deprecated package for reading and writing XML documents (I have used the first that I have found as xml lib....)

2. Other dlls are used for directly access to win32 kernel (for reading keybord and mouse movements, reading/writing env variables and for access Windows Register)

Why compiling iReport in VisualJ# is not a good idea:

I have used VisualJ++ for some reasons: the first is taht I can use a very useful and powerful user interface provided by WFC (Windows Fondation Classes) programming in java, the second is that using a real Java VM, I can directly use JDBC drivers (compatible with jdk1.1.4).

J++ is not J#. J++ run over a JAVA virtual machine, J# run over a .NET Virtual machine. With a .NET virtual machine you can not load and use JDBC drivers!

VisualJ++ is a dead development enviroment, but I think that it is still the best choice for java programs that use complex ui.

The future:

Probably, in feature iReport will rewrited in C++ using a portable ui lib. The code, in this way, could be port on other systems like linux without difficulty.

The interface between java (for use JDBC drivers and JasperReports compilation, this now not supported in native manner because require java 1.2) and C++ will be adhoc writed.

Ciao

Giulio

By: Giulio Toffoli - gt78

2002-11-14 13:43

Fantastic!

Another J++ programmer in this world... !

A have think to pass parameters on the fly too.

It is possible from the next release of JasperReports using defaultValue (tag that for now has a problem with defaultValue tag [v.4.0.3...).

But howto pass objects as parameter that are not ssimple string or number? For example, how you can pass a java.awt.Image or a JFreeChart instance?

Giulio

By: Michael Lee - michaeljlee

2002-11-14 12:38

Hi Giulio,

Now I got it. I will use J++ instead of...

The reason why I am trying to recompile iReport is that I want to pass the parameters on the fly not hardcoding in IReportComiler.java.

I will keep trying this... :)

with million thanks,

Mike

By: Guillermo Reutemann - greutemann

RE: Source Compiling using javac on linux

2003-01-28 07:27

I'm not a java programer and found that ireport as the easyest whole tool for work with jasperreports without known java.

Can I copy ireport .java to linux , compiler them and run my *.xml from here (command line)

When i do it, get:

java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -1

at java.lang.String.substring(String.java:1519)

at java.lang.String.substring(String.java:1492)

at IReportCompiler.main(IReportCompiler.java:115)

The idea is call from a php code

thanks in advance.

By: Guillermo Reutemann - greutemann

RE: Source Compiling using javac on linux

2003-01-28 10:07

thanks,

already is ok.

Templates made whit ireports Work good into linux.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic