We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Trying to display a jasperreport in JSP

2005 IR Help

By: rachan_m - rachan_m

Trying to display a jasperreport in JSP

2004-11-17 11:21

I have a jasper report that I want to display in a JSP but I can't get this to work. I am using JBoss as an app/web server - the error I get is "<jrxml file name> - The system cannot find the file specified". Please tell me where to put the file jrxml file and how to give it's path in the JSP file.

Is there any documentation for this ? I have read the JRUltimateGuide and searched google for this but could not find enough information.

Thanks

By: rachan_m - rachan_m

RE: Trying to display a jasperreport in JSP

2004-11-17 14:23

Let me add a little bit more.

I had initially thought that I may be doing something wrong with my database connection. So I tried the sample reports at http://jasperreports.sourceforge.net/samples/index.html

I tried FontsReport.jrxml and BarbecueReport.jrxml but both gave me the following error

net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRException: Error at (22, 11: No such accessible method: addElement() on object: net.sf.jasperreports.engine.xml.JRPrintXmlLoader

By: Chetan - someone_genius

RE: Trying to display a jasperreport in JSP

2004-11-17 21:50

Let me tell you how I have implemented.

I am using Tomcat as a server. I have created web-infmycontextjaspertemplates folder. I have put all .jasper, .jrxml, and image files in this folder.

Whenever I want to pass file name, I pass application.getRealPath("/") + "jasper\templates\" + strReportName.

Another thing is I have put all .jar files required by JasperReport and iReport (as I am using iReport to generate templates) into web-inflib folder.

You can try this; hope this information is useful for you.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic