We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Text fields not showing

2005 IR Help

By: Damon Horrell - dhorrell

Text fields not showing

2004-11-07 14:52

Hi,

I'm having a problem with text fields disappering completely off a PDF report. The report is a subreport and an entire page of text sometimes disappears. e.g. page 2 is blank except for the footer but all the other pages are fine. When it happens on page 1 the header (master report) appears and it is just the first page of the detail report that is gone.

This only happens under Linux but works fine under Solaris and Windows. I think it might be happening because the engine has calculated a box for the text based on the size of the font but when it actually generates the PDF the text is slightly bigger and doesn't fit into the box so is thrown away. The reason I think this is because I notice that the line spacing is slightly different under the differnent platforms. Also I had a problem once before where I was losing some characters off the end of text because the font was rendered differently on a different platform and I hadn't made the text box big enough.

I was initially using Helvetica which is one of the built in PDF fonts. I've also tried using an Arial TTF but this made no difference. Also embedding the font in the PDF doesn't help either.

I'm not 100% sure that it has anything to do with fonts but that is my gut feeling because the fonts do look slightly different on each platform.

This is using Jasper Reports v 0.5.2.

Any suggestions?

Thanks, Damon

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic