We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

line at bottom of detail overflow

By: Vzern - vzern

line at bottom of detail overflow

2006-07-07 08:34

Does any one have a good idea of how to solve the problem below? I've tried a few things...

I have a report inwhich the detail section overflows to a second page (and possibly more). This detail section is part of a table. There is no bottom line to the table on any pages but the last one. I have been trying to figure out how to place a horizontal line at the bottom of the table on each page that overflow has occured. Also I do not want to have any horizonatl lines throughout the table except for the header and footer. Any suggestions?

Here are a few things I've tried.

1. I have tried putting a line in the Column footer band. There is always a space of about an inch between the bottom of the table and the line. I cannot find a way to make this space disappear.

2. I have tried hiding the line in the detail section using the "Print Expression When" field. With this I can get it to print at the bottom of the page, but it's every page. I don't want it on the last page.

3. I have tried making this line a part of the background band, but I am having the same problem as in #2. It prints on every page.

4. I have tried making it a text field that has a border and a height of 1. With this I tried to use the "Evaluation Time" for "report" and "now" and "page".

None of these do quite what I want it to. Any suggestions? Let me know if you want me to post my jrxml. Thanks.

Vzern

By: Vzern - vzern

RE: line at bottom of detail overflow

2006-07-14 13:58

I figured this problem out. What I needed to do is add declare this line at the report template level: isFloatColumnFooter="true".

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Vzern,

I am facing the same problem with my report as I am trying to put a line at the end of each streched with overflow detail... I am using a group header, detail and group footer. My problem is now to get the line at every page. I used the column footer which is almost the result i would like to have. The only issue is that it prints the line on the last page after my group footer band which is not the desired behavoir. I want it instead before it.

With column footer:

Code:
<columnFooter>
<band height="1">
<line>
<reportElement positionType="Float" isPrintRepeatedValues="false" x="12" y="0" width="528" height="1" isPrintInFirstWholeBand="true" isPrintWhenDetailOverflows="true"/>
<graphicElement/>
</line>
</band>
</columnFooter>

When I put it in a seperate group footer I get the result that the line is only printed on the last page... :unsure:

With group footer:

Code:
[code]<groupFooter>
<band height="1">
<line>
<reportElement positionType="Float" isPrintRepeatedValues="false" x="12" y="0" width="528" height="1" isPrintInFirstWholeBand="true" isPrintWhenDetailOverflows="true"/>
<graphicElement/>
</line>
</band>
</groupFooter>

...so, what I need is like a mix of the solutions I have above. Print on each page but on last page it should not be printed after the group footer band.

I am looking forward to any reply, thanks in advance!

Bye,

Fab

Hi,

I did the same with the column footer, I don't see other solution.

Did you tried this with "print when expression"? Take 2 variables that count the pages. Make the evaluation time for one "now" and for the other "report". Then put a condition to print the line if it's not on the last page.

I did not test this, but I hope it works.

Good luck.