We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

TextField stretches and Overlaps

By: Karan - karanmg

TextField stretches and Overlaps

2006-07-07 16:07

I know this subject seems to have been beaten to death in the forums, yet I have to post this message. I have gone over a lot of messages in the forums, the Tutorials, FAQs, Google, and tried all I could, but I am not able to solve the problem below. Also, I am somewhat new to JasperReports, began using it last week.

I have a report with quite a few textfields in the detail band. Among these is one for "Detail Description" which may or may not contain a large amount of text. If it does not contain a lot of text, the data shows up fine in the report (PDF). However, if the amonut of text is large, and the textfield needs to stretch, then it stretches and overlaps the fields and labels below to accomodate that data. The elements below the Detail Description textfield, do not shift down to accomodate the stretching of the textfield.

Here is the XML snippet for this field:

<textField isStretchWithOverflow="true" pattern="" isBlankWhenNull="true" evaluationTime="Now" hyperlinkType="None" hyperlinkTarget="Self" >

<reportElement mode="Transparent"

x="75" y="83" width="679" height="27" forecolor="#000000" backcolor="#FFFFFF"

key="textField-22" isPrintRepeatedValues="false"/>

<box topBorder="None" topBorderColor="#000000" leftBorder="None" leftBorderColor="#000000" rightBorder="None" rightBorderColor="#000000" rightPadding="10" bottomBorder="None" bottomBorderColor="#000000"/>

<textElement textAlignment="Left" verticalAlignment="Top" rotation="None">

<font fontName="Arial" pdfFontName="Helvetica" size="8" isBold="false" isItalic="false" isUnderline="false" isPdfEmbedded ="false" pdfEncoding ="Cp1252" isStrikeThrough="false" />

</textElement>

<textFieldExpression class="java.lang.String">

<![CDATA[$F{detaildescription}]]>

</textFieldExpression>

</textField>

If I set Evaluation Time to "Report" or "Band" or anything except "New" then the text in the field is truncated, and the textfield does not stretch at all.

Config: Windows XP, Jasper 1.2.4 and IReports 1.2.4.

Thanks,

Karan

By: Karan - karanmg

RE: TextField stretches and Overlaps

2006-07-07 16:20

I got it!

I set all elements below the "Detail Description" textfield to "Float" and then they shift down!

Hope this helps someone.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic