We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Vietnamese characters showing up strange

By: Eugene Lee - mkivsuptt

Vietnamese characters showing up strange

2006-05-23 10:47

Hello everyone,

I'm a bit new to JasperReports, just started using this about a week ago. I've been having trouble though, getting Vietnamese characters to show up correctly, even using the sample jasper reports to help guide me in the right direction. They show up in the pdf I generate as: ư and other variants of this. Does anyone have any idea why this might be happening? I had updated the font.properties file within the JRE library to be updated with a font.properties file that was supposed to help us render these characters, but this didn't have any effect with JasperReports, it only helped us to render the vietnamese characters in our java application. If anyone has anything to add that might help, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Eugene

By: Eugene Lee - mkivsuptt

RE: Vietnamese characters showing up strange

2006-05-23 17:23

If someone could take a look at this code and see if they see anything I'm doing incorrectly, or why it may not be generating vietnamese characters, it'd be greatly appreciated. Here is the little snippet of code:

<textField isStretchWithOverflow="true" evaluationTime="Now" >

<reportElement x="30" y="0" width="515" height="25" isPrintWhenDetailOverflows="true" positionType="Float"/>

<textElement textAlignment="Left" lineSpacing="Single">

<font fontName="Arial_Normal" size="15" pdfFontName="ARIAL.TTF" pdfEncoding="Identity-H" isPdfEmbedded="true"/>

</textElement>

<textFieldExpression class="java.lang.String"><![CDATA[$F{QuestionStem}]]></textFieldExpression>

</textField>

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic