We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Last Page Number

By: Diogo Oliveira - diogosales

Last Page Number

2006-04-05 10:27

Hi all.

I'd like to know if there is any way I can get the total number of pages in a report. I know about this PAGE_NUMBER variable, from which it's possible to get either the current page or the total number of pages, depennding on the evaluation time.

The thing is, I need to get the total number of pages to use in a printWhen-expression. I need to condition something to appear only in the last page, but it's not possible, giving the current layout, to place it in the last page footer.

Thanks in advance for any enlightment.

By: Jose Félix - josefelix

RE: Last Page Number

2006-04-05 10:55

I have the same problem. Teodor can you help us?

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE

By: jasperkan - jasperkannan

RE: Last Page Number

2006-04-07 08:28

I m also having same problem . I tried the "Report Max Count:"+$P{REPORT_MAX_COUNT}

for Evaluation time NOW and REPORT

its always null !!!!........

Some one please help if its a bug .There is no way right now to check for the last page .

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

According to the authors, only an evaluation time of "Now" can (currently) be applied to the PrintWhenExpression because it would be impossible to perform certain visual formatting or report calculations if the expression were allowed to change at some "late" time.

For example, if you had some PrintWhenExpression applied to a band or group of elements and the expression's evaluation time was set to "Report," the number of pages and placement of other elements would change when the engine evaluated their expressions, requiring the engine to recalculate and place the remaining elements and variables.

This process would quickly become prohibitively recursive, even in the simplest of reports. It might even be possible to send the engine into an endlessly recursive cycle of calculation if expressions and/or variables were mutually dependent on one another and were evaluated in the wrong sequence.

Anyway, it doesn't seem to be possible yet. I hope that answers your question.