We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Error when loading JRXML just in Linux

By: C-Box - c-box

Error when loading JRXML just in Linux

2006-03-24 00:20

Hi,

we do have a strange problem. When our reportserver want's to load the design the following exception is thrown:

net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRException: XML document structures must start and end within the same entity.

in net.sf.jasperreports.engine.xml.JRXmlLoader.loadXML(JRXmlLoader.java:242)

in net.sf.jasperreports.engine.xml.JRXmlLoader.loadXML(JRXmlLoader.java:225)

in net.sf.jasperreports.engine.xml.JRXmlLoader.load(JRXmlLoader.java:213)

this happens JUST in LINUX....in Windows there are no problems... with the same report what could cause that error... the jrxml-encoding is UTF-8 as by default. There are no special characters used.

can anybody help us?

tia

C-Box

By: Denny Valliant - xenden

RE: Error when loading JRXML just in Linux

2006-03-24 02:59

Stupid question, but only thing I can think of to futher troubleshoot, would be, have you dumped the XML somewhere and looked at it, just prior to validation? Maybe somehow something is getting addedd or some such? Wish I could be more helpful man.

Xd

By: C-Box - c-box

2006-03-27 01:54

Sh*t... the JRXML is valid... I parsed it already and within Windows the SAME Jar that contains the JRXML(s) is working fine! Perhaps it's something about the encoding in Linux that differs somehow.... unfortunately it happens just at our customer and not on our test environment. (as it is as usual - Murphys Law)

C-Box

By: Denny Valliant - xenden

2006-03-27 08:37

Can you send your client a "debug" jar? One that /just/ prior to filling writes the XML to disk? Then have them send you the file.

Glorified println() I know, but I just had to do something similar to get past what turned out to be a no-brainer. (I was treating a file like a string because I was so used to dealing with XML... the file was binary :). Dumping it to disk made the problem obvious pretty quick.

Bet your right, some encoding issue. Odd that it's not reproducable though... must be a custom setting or some such on the client's machine...

May the force be with you C-Box!

By: macoute3 - macoute3

2006-03-27 12:36

An other idea.

Have you tried (c-box) to save the same template under Linux and windows, and compare them in an hexadecimal editor.

In order to compare line feed

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic