We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Classpath for JasperReports

2005 IR Help

By: cosjav - cosjav

Classpath for JasperReports

2004-08-03 19:14

Hi,

I just started work as a Intern developer and have been handed a project for upgrading the reporting section of a product. The project is running with JBoss under Linux (both fairly new to me) and I have been requested to find and use a good open source reporting tool (JasperReports).

The problem I now have (in addition to learning JBoss and IntelliJ) is how to set up JasperReports and then of course how to use it...

I got up to the stage where I need to modify the classpath but I'm really lost on what needs to be added...

Can someone help out? Is anyone using a similar environment (JBoss, Linux ...)?

By: cosjav - cosjav

RE: Classpath for JasperReports

2004-08-03 19:16

by the way, I cant seem to find a dummies guide for JasperReports... anyone know of some easy to understand documentation?

By: Denis - khasdenis

2004-08-04 01:18

I have the same problem with classpath ....

I attempt to use Tomcat+JasperReports ....

I did place JasperReports.jar in all Tomcat classpathes but I every time have error in runtime

Text from Tomcat logs:

C:WINNTsystem32BasicReport.java:4: package net.sf.jasperreports.engine does not exist

import net.sf.jasperreports.engine.*;

^

C:WINNTsystem32BasicReport.java:5: package net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill does not exist

import net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.*;

^

and so on ....

Only when I placed JasperReports.jar in C:j2sdk1.4.1_01jrelibext I get things works.

Why ???

By: Denis - khasdenis

2004-08-04 02:53

I found solution, even not solution but library configuration error in my case ....

JasperReport does not know anything about Tomcat(JBoss) classpathes ... It know only systems classpathes and if you want to give to JasperReports classpathes information you should point system property ..... Something like this

compile_path="c:/jakarta-tomcat-5.0.19/webapps/etms/WEB-INF/lib/jasperreports-0.5.2.jar;c:/jakarta-tomcat-5.0.19/webapps/etms/WEB-INF/classes";

System.setProperty("jasper.reports.compile.class.path",compile_path);

In your java code .....

I lost one day to find it ... may be my search was bad, but I was not able to find it in documentation

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic