Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

Crosstab with autoresizing column width

By: Maximiliano Ferreira Guzenski - maxguzenski

2006-03-02 09:34

Greetings,

I´m struggling with a report that with an inner crosstab. This crosstab has sizing contraints, it cannot overflow to another grouped row.

The question is, jasper´s crosstab implementation can dynamically redistribute its columns to fit the details space?

If this feature is not support, there are some way I could intercept an XML crosstab definition and perform the necessary calculations to do a manual redistribution of columns, by setting its width (just before call JasperFillManager.fillReport)?

Actually i can find the TextFields in crosstab and update its visual attributes, but I cannot change the column, and cell width (I didnt find the correponding JRElements)

Any hint would help me.

By: Lucian Chirita - lucianc

RE: Crosstab with autoresizing column width

2006-03-03 02:05

Hello

I'm not sure what you're trying to do.. What do you mean by redistributing the crosstab columns?

If you want to change the column widths, you can do that in the JasperDesign design object (but not in the JasperReport object) by retrieving the JRDesignCrosstab object based on the crosstab key, getting the cells (JRDesignCrosstabCell) and changing the widths. Note that you will have to recompile the report after altering the design object.

Regards,

Lucian

• 8 months later...
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2006 JR Help wrote:

By: Maximiliano Ferreira Guzenski - maxguzenski
2006-03-02 09:34

The question is, jasper´s crosstab implementation can dynamically redistribute its columns to fit the details space?

By: Lucian Chirita - lucianc
RE: Crosstab with autoresizing column width
2006-03-03 02:05
Hello

I'm not sure what you're trying to do.. What do you mean by redistributing the crosstab columns?

I would also like to know if this is possible, and, if not, request that it be added as a feature, if possible.

We mean this:

If the following crosstab design was used in a report template:

size=393]http://www.jasperforge.org/components/com_joomlaboard/uploaded/images/crosstab2.jpg

Post edited by: finnhawk, at: 2007/05/01 19:42