We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Subreport overflowed on a band that does not

By: Morten Kristiansen - mortenkr

Subreport overflowed on a band that does not

2006-02-28 06:26

I experience some problems when exporting to Excel in JasperReports 1.1.0:

I have one report (with subreport) that is designed for PDF export and that works fine. I have another design (with subreport) that is designed for XLS export. It's the same data, but the design is a little different. In this case I get the error described in subject. It only happens if I send in a datasource to the subreport. If I leave the datasource out, it works. Can anyone give some directions on where to look further? I'm running out of ideas! :)

net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRRuntimeException: Subreport overflowed on a band that does not support overflow.

[exec] at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRVerticalFiller.addPage(JRVerticalFiller.java:1120)

[exec] at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRVerticalFiller.fillPageBreak(JRVerticalFiller.java:1216)

[exec] at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRVerticalFiller.fillColumnBreak(JRVerticalFiller.java:1241)

[exec] at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRVerticalFiller.fillDetail(JRVerticalFiller.java:621)

[exec] at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRVerticalFiller.fillReportContent(JRVerticalFiller.java:250)

[exec] at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRVerticalFiller.fillReport(JRVerticalFiller.java:132)

[exec] at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRBaseFiller.fill(JRBaseFiller.java:826)

[exec] at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRFillSubreport.run(JRFillSubreport.java:448)

[exec] at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

RE: Subreport overflowed on a band that does

2006-02-28 06:40

I found another thread on this. Additional comment is that my subreport is placed in the masters "detail" band. The subreport itself only have one band, "detail".

By: Lucian Chirita - lucianc

2006-02-28 06:49

Does the master report have horizontal print order?

In horizontal reports, the detail band is not allowed to overflow. This would explain the exception..

Regards,

Lucian

2006-02-28 06:52

That solves it!!! I must have changed this setting in iReport without noticing! Thanks a lot! I was dying over here:)

• 11 months later...
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A quick checklist when getting the Subreport overflow error:

1) Where are you including your subreport in the master report? If you are including it in the detail band, there might be a problem, see this post ..

2) Is the subreport wider than what can be included, or is the page "too long" (the document height property)

3) Does the subreport include any elements that print horizontally rather than vertically? eg the setting of the subreport "Print Order" attribute should probably be changed.

I think checking these 3 would lead to a solution of the subreport overflow error.

• 5 years later...